I can't install the 14.6 patch

More
17 years 7 months ago #18859 by Joonas McKall
Hi. First of all, sorry for my english.
I played EOC some years ago, but I didn't install any mods at than time. Yesterday, I decided to recover some old space emotions re-installing my IW2 and a couple of good mods... But I can't install the 14.6 patch. I run the patch and it tolds me that I have already installed the 14 version, but, when I run the game, I shows my version is still the F10.0 and the "extras" option doesn't appear at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled again the game and the patch, and I've observed than, when the CD auto-runs, the install window doesn't give me the option to "Install" the game, only to "Play" it, as if the game were already installed! I've tryed to delete manually all the possible archives left of any previous installation, but it doesn't work.
Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #15473 by GrandpaTrout
Yes, there is a registry value left even after the standard uninstall that stops the patch from running.

If you are not comfortable searching and modifying the registry (I don't remember the exact registry key name off hand) then I would do a standard install, then do a custom uninstall. The custom uninstall will display several screens, each one lets you select some items to remove. Always choose "select all" that will get the registry key.

More
17 years 7 months ago #15474 by Joonas McKall
I've already tried the custom uninstall, but I doesn't work. Anyway, I'll do it again. Thank you.

More
17 years 7 months ago #15475 by Joonas McKall
No way. It doesn't work at all. The install program of the patch recognizes the 14 version in my computer and refuses to install it.

More
17 years 7 months ago #15476 by cambragol
try uninstalling then reinstalling in a new location?

More
17 years 7 months ago #15477 by Joonas McKall
I've done that in two or three different folders... And I doesn't work neither.
Thanks.