controller issues

More
17 years 4 months ago #18914 by victimiza
controller issues was created by victimiza
So i recently re-installed eoc and did the patches and copied over my "my_controls.ini" to the new config directory from my old install directory. However when i go into the control options screen i see 3 options: default - keyboard only - default.
Any suggestions? I was/am using my old saitek x36 which worked great previously. So now I am wondering if it's a game software issue or if it's a stick issue.
Help!
-v

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15774 by JT
Replied by JT on topic controller issues
Open up my_controls.ini in Notepad or some other plain text editor and ensure your profile doesn't have the name "Default". ;-)

It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their behavior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. (off-screen baa-ing) Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as...plummet.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15775 by victimiza
Replied by victimiza on topic controller issues
Thanks i'll give it a try. I really have to wonder what the devs were thinking when they set up the control options like they did....crazy!

More
17 years 4 months ago #15776 by JT
Replied by JT on topic controller issues
Yeah, it bugs me too. It'd be nice if they had a decent in-game customisation interface.

It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their behavior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. (off-screen baa-ing) Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as...plummet.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.