Mouse or Joystick? - Poll

More
17 years 1 month ago #18971 by GrandpaTrout
Are most people flying with a mouse or joystick? I have not tried the game with a mouse, and there might be issues with the jump simulation etc.

What is the hardest part of the game to handle with a mouse in your opinion? Rotation? Laterals? Aiming? Menus? Throttle? (something else?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16382 by Shingen
Replied by Shingen on topic Mouse or Joystick? - Poll
I think the hardest part about mouse flight in TS is that there's no way to disable flight control in the menus or star map, when we have to use the mouse to interact.

Mouse flight in the caspule jumps is doable, except for the hyper-sensitivity in the tunnel.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16385 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Mouse or Joystick? - Poll
I use a dual-axis analog joypad (very similar to a PS1/2 controller) so it's joystick all da way, bay-bee! ^^,

More
17 years 1 month ago #16387 by GrandpaTrout
Ah, I understand. I don't have a way to turn off the mouse to flight controls in POG either. With wingmen trying to rotate behind you, I expect you get some collisions as you try to navigate the menus.

So you find that the mouse is very sensitive inside the jump tunnels? Might be we need to lower some rotation rates or something. I will need to experiment.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16399 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Mouse or Joystick? - Poll
I am using a dual-axis joypad, like bozobub. My wireless version finally passed on, so I will be moving to a Saitek joystick soon.

More
16 years 8 months ago #16539 by jazzylg
Replied by jazzylg on topic Mouse or Joystick? - Poll
I've got the Saitek x52 flight control system with the incredible joystick and seperate thrust controller, and it was made for this game!
You have not enjoyed this game until you try it with these!:D