I-War 2 won't run on Vista.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16620 by Odomus
Replied by Odomus on topic I-War 2 won't run on Vista.
Funny though... I have Vista Ultimate, lucky me I didnt ahve to pay for it got it from my job, but with a little Driver and Bug downlaods before installing any games... fully updating Vista form MS solves alot of problems. I have EoC running both on my Vista and my WinXP Prof machines and they run the same, and no errors at all or problems no crashes or anything.

All i can reccomend from my end is just to update Vista before installing any games, this also includes any office software... if you have any office software, like MS Office 2007 Ult(which is also what I have) update it fully... I did find out that drivers in the Office downlaods help in Vista itself... dont ask me WHY I dont know but it did help in installing and running other games and applications.

If anything if nothing seems to work go back to WinXP Prof, and you should be fine.

IM me I get bored really quick!

IM me I get bored really quick!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16637 by Lionheart
Vista needs to be updated with the most recent patches/updates.
This is what seems to work for most users on the 'net.

You live and you learn; some just choose not to.

You live and you learn; some just choose not to.

More
16 years 4 months ago #16717 by Sethos Edwards
Create a new shortcut to the following target:
"<yourinstallfolder>\bin\release\loader.exe" -ac iwar2.icGame -dl 3

This will allow you to bypass the grafx card check.

More
16 years 4 months ago #16718 by prankster4life
Sethos, thanks. Changing the short cut target folder fixed the problem. Thanks again.

More
16 years 4 months ago #16719 by prankster4life
I was just trying to mod the "defaults.ini" file, but it keeps saying "Cannot create the C:\Program Files\Independence War 2 Edge of Chaos\default.ini file. Make sure the path and file name are correct."
This error sounds familiar, but its been years since I did any moding on I-war 2. Any advice?

More
16 years 4 months ago #16722 by prankster4life
New problem: When trying to load a new game, the program fails and gives the message that "loader.exe has stopped working." Anyone know a solution?