file I-War 2 won't run on Vista.

More
13 years 9 months ago #17020 by Targ Collective
No need for all these desperate measures - and forget Loader, the app is completely broken on some Vista systems. I just got it working for the first time by using the command line here on IWEoCGS.exe - created a shortcut to the Desktop and everything was fine, detects my card and everything.

Hope this will help any with problems. I am *not* here to school people on using command lines in shortcuts - Google the procedure if you need to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #17021 by Targ Collective
Nooo! It was a fluke! I'll have to keep experimenting...

More
13 years 9 months ago #17022 by Targ Collective
If it works on Loader you'll be fine. But if it doesn't and you try it on the other file it will work for *first load only*, I think... Curse Vista! Curse Microsoft! A blight upon ye, all ye who brought the scourge of Vista into being!

More
13 years 9 months ago #17023 by MARK_01
Replied by MARK_01 on topic I-War 2 won't run on Vista.
Man 'O' MAN! Vista IS a blight. After trying EOC again, I can't get ANY of this to work! I have Independence War Deluxe RUNNING FLAWLESS in Vista, thanks to DGVOODOO 1.40, but EOC will not run. I am done with this OS. Have you guys got it to run in Win7?

More
13 years 8 months ago #17024 by jazzylg
Replied by jazzylg on topic I-War 2 won't run on Vista.
Still runs fine on vista, except I can't change to the maximum resolution size for my monitor and card which is 1400x900 without the game crashing. So I have to use something like 1200x760

More
13 years 2 months ago #17048 by jazzylg
Replied by jazzylg on topic I-War 2 won't run on Vista.
I found the resolution fix. I had to go into the default ini files and manually type in my desired maximum resolution (1920x 1280) and it worked fine, in Vista! it looks great at the resolution!