file How to Enable Mouse

More
16 years 7 months ago #19018 by tatyawinchu
Hi .. I seriously could not find it anywhere on this forum or web .. dont have a joystick .. wanted to use mouse to yaw and pitch ..with keyboard its too difficult and dont want to buy a joystick yet.. any help to enable mouse please ?

Thanks

Tatya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16581 by ATG
Replied by ATG on topic How to Enable Mouse
I don't think it is possible.And no,keyboard is easy if you play for an hour or so.

<font color="red">Greece=good country.</font id="red">

<font color="red">Greece=good country.</font id="red">

More
16 years 6 months ago #16582 by tatyawinchu
Replied by tatyawinchu on topic How to Enable Mouse
there is seriously no way to have mouse as joystick ? =( .. man this is such a professional and beautifuly done game .. how can they miss on such a small point ? there has to be some way .. freespace 1 and 2 were also GREAT games .. both had mouse support .. rather TOTAL mouse support =)..please .. there must be some way =/

Oh and even after 2 hours .. sorry but i still suck at keyboard .. cant even fly through rings and shoot targets.
thanks
tatya

More
16 years 6 months ago #16583 by tatyawinchu
Ok .. i found something .. i can't pull this one off on my own so please help me with this one .. not good at computers .. oh btw i am 8 years old .. dad made this account for me .. but anyways .. here is what I found .. its called EOCKeybinder.exe .. its from this official site so dont think its a virus .. atleast my antivirus didnt shout .. but then it gets complicated .. didnt understand much about that exe file .. i know its for editing some other file called default.ini .. opened that too but then there is some non english stuff and computer language in that file .. then i went to a site which is a sold site by this game .. they claimed that there are various config files available there .. which are not there ofcourse as the site is sold now .. so which is the other site ? oh this site i am talking about is .. www.independencewar.com/home.htm and i got this site from www.i-war2.com/downloads_3.htm .. can u please make me a file which makes my mouse a joystick ? =) or please tell me where to find those missing config files they had before they sold the site ? please please please .. i want to roam the space =) .. thanks so much.. please do it for me and I will do something you say .. play multiplayer with you or anything you want =)

Thanks

Tatya

More
16 years 6 months ago #16584 by JT
Replied by JT on topic How to Enable Mouse
It's actually quite possible, although I'm not sure how well it actually works.

First, make a copy of the <font face="Courier New">default.ini</font id="Courier New"> file inside your <font face="Courier New">..\IWar2\configs</font id="Courier New"> directory and name it something recognisable, like, say, "mouse.ini".

Next, open that file and edit the line <font face="Courier New">name=options_default</font id="Courier New"> to read something like <font face="Courier New">name=tatyawinchu's Configuration</font id="Courier New">.

Finally, scroll down until you see the following:
; Yoke

&#91;icPlayerPilot.Yaw&#93;
Joystick1, JoyXAxis

&#91;icPlayerPilot.Pitch&#93;
Joystick1, JoyYAxis, inverse

&#91;icPlayerPilot.Roll&#93;
Joystick1, JoyRZAxis

&#91;icPlayerPilot.RollYawToggleHold&#93;
Joystick1, Joybutton2

You'll want to modify that as follows:
; Yoke

&#91;icPlayerPilot.Yaw&#93;
Joystick1, JoyXAxis
Mouse, MouseXAxis
;allows you to move the mouse left and right to turn that way

&#91;icPlayerPilot.Pitch&#93;
Joystick1, JoyYAxis, inverse
Mouse, MouseYAxis, inverse
;allows you to move the mouse up to pitch down, down to pull up

&#91;icPlayerPilot.Roll&#93;
Joystick1, JoyRZAxis
Mouse, MouseZAxis
;allows you to use the scroll wheel to roll your ship

&#91;icPlayerPilot.RollYawToggleHold&#93;
Joystick1, Joybutton2
Mouse, MouseButton3
;allows you to press and hold the middle mouse button to roll
; instead of turn when you move the mouse left or right

That'll be $599.95, please. ;-)

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
16 years 6 months ago #16587 by tatyawinchu
Hi .. thanks so much for those tips .. my dad could do it accordingly .. Now my mouse works for up and down and right and left and rolling .. Only little problem is that it moves nicely up and down but very very slowly right and left .. rolling is ok .. so how to speed it up ? Oh and dad says u really dont want money .. u r just pulling my leg =)... right ?

thanks so much
tatya