EOC only runs at 640 x 480

More
15 years 1 week ago #19103 by Finjy Opops
Installed EOC earlier after a long search for the best space sim, patched it, then installed Torn Stars and started to try and play it. Went into graphics, set them all to max (with 1024 x 786 resolution) and went into instant action to try it out...and it runs fine for five seconds before starting to glitch out on me, flashing green and skipping horrendously. After a while of experimenting and research on the issue, I found out that the only time EOC runs at all is when the game is set to 640 x 480. I figured at first it was a Windows 7 (which I am running) issue but I decided later it was most likely a graphics card issue. Haven't tried rolling back my drivers yet, though I will try soon (just don't want to as it's not the only game I play).

Specs:
2.5 GHz dual core AMD (affinity set to only one core, no dice)
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT (with the latest 'prerelease' Windows 7 drivers)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #16872 by bezredahl
I run the game on vista just fine, but I run it 1024x768 in windowed mode. in the flux.ini there is a line that reads full_screen=1 change that to 0 and you're in windowed mode. The main reason I did this was because I hate how my desktop icons rearranged with lower resolution fullscreen apps. It was running just fine for me even in fullscreen. There may also be an issue with the autodetect video card section of the game. The 9600 wasn't even a concept when the game was released, so it may not recognize the card and/or it's full capabilities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.