I-War Won't Run on Windows 7

More
14 years 3 months ago #19133 by Wildcards
Just completed the intsallation without a hitch. Clicked on start a new game, the slide bar GUI pops up, screen goes blank and I get a "loader.exec" message that is has stopped working.

Any ideas?

Abandon all hope

Abandon all hope

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17001 by Shingen
Use XP

More
14 years 2 months ago #17002 by Wildcards
Found a wizard that would install unsupported Windows 7 software, I am guessing in XP mode, but the game was not stable and several functions did not work. Guess I will save the game for some "future" play. Only problem is I have several Lucas Arts games that I will probably never be able to play again that make me think EOC will fall into that catagory.

Abandon all hope

Abandon all hope

More
14 years 2 months ago #17003 by tombombodil
On a different game, I found a "loader.exe" from googling it and downloade it and it worked for me. That was "soldier of fortune" Hope this helps.

My game plays on Vista..Im stuck on a different part of the game, but I can get it going. I will be playing again soon and will post my woes..hopefully, someone can help me.

NEVER ABANDON HOPE Friend

More
14 years 2 months ago #17005 by cambragol
Just tried to run I-war2 on windows 7 for the first time...and failed. Rather disturbing. Just as a note...it runs beautifully on OSX in a Cider wrapper.

More
13 years 11 months ago #17014 by Tastenhauer
Hi,

for all with graphical corruptions under win 7 and a nvidia craphic card, try to turn off PhysX in the NVidia control panel and start it as an admin. For me it worked perfect!