New to I-War2 and No Idea What I am DOING!

More
8 years 6 months ago #19907 by Coloradomtnman
I love, LOVE, complicated games. But I don't know if I love this one cause I can't even play it.

I've just started Torn Stars. I docked with the cyan ship. I pressed CTRL C. And targeted another cyan ship. I Googled. I downloaded the key binding program. I am even more lost.

I don't have a joystick (though I may go purchase one). But I can't use the comms as is mandatory from the tutorial.

Please help. I want to play this game cause I'm sick of EVE and also currently disabled because of a back injury and have plenty of time to dive into this new universe.

Thanks!
-Colorado Mountainman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #19911 by Chessking
The controls for Torn Stars are different than those for EOC. It seems the problem is that Torn Stars does not automatically swap the two control configurations. If this is true, you will have to swap these manually. In the Torn Stars ZIP download, their is a "configs" folder. This has several config files for different control styles. Move these three files into the configs file under the main game directory. Then, in the game, use the "Options" button on the main menu to switch to the desired configuration.

Another possibility is that the files are installed, but they aren't selected in the options menu. Let me know if this fixes the problem, or if you need more help.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coloradomtnman

More
8 years 6 months ago #19912 by Coloradomtnman
Ok, that worked. I was able to communicate with the ship.

New problem now, however. When I press 'o' (oh) to open the Ship Menu I get a message saying:

UNIgui: There are no UNIgui subscreens available.

Thanks in advance for any help.

More
8 years 6 months ago #19913 by Chessking

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #19915 by Coloradomtnman
I restarted the game and the ship menu worked fine.

NEW problem.

Once I dock at the nearby station and purchase the Tug, I can not launch into space because there are no passive sensors. And it doesn't matter which loadout I choose including custom. There are NO passive sensors.

Is it just me or is every action I attempt to take in game going to be an issue?

I REALLY want to play this game, but so far everything has been a problem. I can't play it if this is how this mod works.

More
8 years 6 months ago #19917 by Chessking
I haven't really gotten into Torn Stars, but this is additional cause for me to start. For now, I suggest starting the regular campaign, and try mods later. Also, you could try EricMan64's mod, Gold Rush. It has considerably fewer problems, and gives a unique play experience.

P.S. I-War 2 is known on these forums for having many issues, but all of the problems encountered in the campaign have fixes or workarounds.

Storm Petrel