Loader.exe problem

More
8 years 2 months ago #20080 by osterizer8
I recently got a new computer and reinstalled I-War 2 on it. However, it is impossible to play, since every time I try to load anything (be it a new game, a save, or instant action) I get a CTD with the message "Loader.exe has stopped working." Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? My specs are:
Model: Asus GL552VW
RAM: 16 GB
Processor: Intel i7-6700HQ
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
Operating System: Windows 10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #20081 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Loader.exe problem
Can be a hundred reasons. First make sure you have the latest graphics drivers.

If you have there is a flux.log file in the game folder. Post the contents here, maybe we can see what's going wrong.

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 2 months ago #20082 by osterizer8
Replied by osterizer8 on topic Loader.exe problem
My graphics drivers are fully up-to-date, but here's the log file. I copy/pasted it into a text file because the site apparently doesn't like the .log file extension.
Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago #20083 by schmatzler
Now it does :)

Well, the game tries to use the integrated GPU of your processor:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

I-War 2 and Intel graphics can be a bit messy. Maybe you can disable the Intel GPU in the device manager of Windows.

Or if you're lucky you can set the preferred graphics card in the NVIDIA settings:

knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infrawork...-for-InfraWorks.html

More
8 years 2 months ago #20084 by osterizer8
Replied by osterizer8 on topic Loader.exe problem
I tried both solutions- none worked. I probably should have explained the problem better anyway... :blush:

I load up the main menu fine, and all the movies before that play correctly. It's when I try to actually play that I encounter a problem. When I try to, for instance, enter Instant Action, I'll get the loading screen, and the bar will quickly fill up maybe 5% before I get the error message.

More
8 years 2 months ago #20086 by schmatzler
Does the flux.log tell you it's using the NVidia driver after my posted solutions?

Because if it still crashes with the Nvidia card, it's not a GPU problem. I-War 2 really doesn't like Intel.

Other things I can think about:

- an Antivirus blocks the game files
- the DEP of Windows blocks it

Try disabling your antivirus (or putting the I-War folder into its exception list) and disabling the DEP.

I never really tested I-War 2 on Windows 10, only Win8. Maybe others did and will join us here soon :)