The Steam AND the GoG Version does not work

More
3 years 10 months ago #20836 by Chessking
@BarFly Regarding your question about the throttle not going past 500m/s, it is the same way with my joystick... and for good reason. The throttle basically sets a target speed for your ship. You can basically go infinitely fast by holding the "A" key. Of course the throttle cannot be pushed infinitely forward, so that doesn't work.

Two things that would be nice:
If you could change the throttle range say, to 2000m/s max, or even move the minimum down to the negatives. I am not sure if this is possible by any means other than EXE hacking.

It would also be nice if you could change the throttle to set a target acceleration, rather than speed. So all the way forward would be the fastest acceleration, and all the way back would be no change in speed. Of course this would make it hard to follow a constant speed, and especially hard to come to a stop. (Flight Assist would probably have to be forced off...). This is probably impossible to do with the current game.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #20837 by IronDuke

Chessking wrote: It would also be nice if you could change the throttle to set a target acceleration, rather than speed. So all the way forward would be the fastest acceleration, and all the way back would be no change in speed.

You actually can do this! Just bind your throttle axis to the [icPlayerPilot.LateralZ] keybind in your controls config file. :)
I did that but with my left stick's twist axis, but I have previously done it with the actual throttle-lever on joysticks before. Give it a shot!

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.