MiddleStates 7.2 bug reports

More
18 years 10 months ago #13037 by cambragol
I hired a transport, loaded it up with cargo, then told it to 'formup' with me. I then set forth for the next system to sell the cargo. The transport never made it through the capsule jump. It never arrived at its destination. It disappeared from the contacts list. I went back to emerald sys and visited every station and lpoint looking for it, but it was gone. Along with my cargo.

Is there some special way that we should be moving with our tranports? i.e. formate to them and have them dock with distant stations? Or should they be able to follow us whereever we go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13038 by GrandpaTrout
That should not have happened. It sounds like it died in a crash. It should have been protected from culling. I have done this many times. It might say O/SYS for out of system, but it should still be on the contact list. Try it again. I will give it a test run as well.

I will admit, capsule jumping with wingmen is a real pain. Sometimes, they just don't jump and you have to wait till they reach you.

I see why PS had only one mission when they followed you. I park a few k back from the lpoint, aimed at it, and then wait for them to get into position. They almost always make it (I nearly hit one of my own wingmen while emerging, so sometimes they beat me to the end point).

The problem is the limited space bubble. If the wingman is not next to the player, none of the guards or patrols or pirates exist. And so the player can smuggle stuff just by ordering his wingmen around. Not good. So the current commands block that. Which means you must lead your wingmen. But they don't follow so well.

[Edit]
Ok, not a culling issue. The wing man still exists when out of system. It must have hit something. I guess we need some kind of "wingman killed" notification. It might also help to have freighters formate behind your ship in a line.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13040 by Jafs
Replied by Jafs on topic MiddleStates 7.2 bug reports
Uhh, this is the wrong topic.. but where do I download this? I wanna try because I have like so much time to kill doing nothing ^^

Cal, when are we gonna get somethin' cool?

More
18 years 10 months ago #13041 by GrandpaTrout
Hang on Jafs. We will be looking for Beta testers soon. Until then, testers would end up needing tons of support that we don't have time to give. Not much longer now.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13042 by GrandpaTrout
A good idea. I will add this to the task list.

Originally posted by cambragol
Some kind of randomization to the placement of these 'pog objects' would do a lot.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13043 by Jafs
Replied by Jafs on topic MiddleStates 7.2 bug reports
Another question...
What does it take to mod? I might be looking to learn some of this... I know a star wars community that has it's own dev team.. but they do this game called "Freelancer" Personally, freelancer is not accurate... but it is highly modifiy-able...

I was hoping maybe there is a program to do ships.. because I want to make that clone trooper version of the X-wing(The one with 3 wings on each side.)

The thing about freelancer is things like the tug when you use overthrust, the legs won't move in freelancer.. personally, the moving ship parts is the best thing.