Epic: Middle States bug reports

More
18 years 5 months ago #13757 by iod
Replied by iod on topic Epic: Middle States bug reports
i experienced the same "black screen" bug mentionned elsewhere. 2 examples : the first one was when docking, there's been a game message saying impossible to create universe (or something like that, it was in french, so obviously a EoC message), the second when ordering to dock then canceling the docking, with the same message. tehn black screen.
i also had another bug with message : after having docked to a station, a message was displayed saying there was no UniGUI. then i had no more in game new menus (the o key).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #13758 by GrandpaTrout
The menu bug: This bug happens when you are flying, and then you press "Escape" and open the options menu. (typically to change the sound volume). After that, you get no menus. This is an EoC bug and I have no fix. I will be getting rid of that Option menu in the next release.

Could those who are seeing the black screen bug post system specs and as much detail about the crash as possible. I have never seen one. No beta tester reported one, so I don't have much to go on.

Hey MdValley, the lack of sun colors was an oversite. It is now on the todo list for the next release. The map files are generated automatically from a spreadsheet, so I don't ever manually edit them. It is a moments work in the spreadsheet to color the suns.

Music wise, there is no music exactly. If you head into deep space away from stations and turn off your LDS, you will hear the solar wind on your passive sensors.

More
18 years 5 months ago #13759 by iod
Replied by iod on topic Epic: Middle States bug reports

Originally posted by GrandpaTroutCould those who are seeing the black screen bug post system specs

Pentium 4 2Ghz, Geforce4 MX (64Mo), 256 Mo Ram

More
18 years 5 months ago #13760 by esraven
Installed EoC + patch + Epic without problem
Running now Epic on XP-Prof
Using the epic keyboard config
Finished Tutorial

I had two abnormal program terminations, but the reasons can also be non -Epic related. I follow it up: I am running Epic as user without admin rights

Remarks about Keyboard config:

Keyboard CTRL + C for starting communication interferes with defined functions on Keyboard CTRL and Keyboard C
Changed it in ini file to Keyboard SHIFT + C
Still a bit tricky as pressing C changes your selected object

Remarks about tutorial:
SNRV: Be more precise, not everybody know this is an abbreviation for a transport platform: looked first for an object called SNRV, till I realized it must be an abbreviation for any transporter (it is a long while ago I played EoC [V]).

More
18 years 5 months ago #13761 by cambragol
I have seen this 'traffic jam' at a high tech manufacturing station. Although, after watching it for a very long time, I saw that certain SNRVs were still able to come and dock normally. Nevertheless a group of Dakota Freighters was just sitting waiting the whole time, unmoving. All ships were of the Junkers faction, and they had a very wide range of cargo, nothing in common between as far as I could see

More
18 years 5 months ago #13762 by mdvalley
There has to be a way to have more than four player ships, because the stock game has five. (Command section, Storm Petrel, tug, patcom, heavy corvette). Somewhere between acts 0 and 1, the Petrel gets swapped out for another ship (my guess is the tug). If we can Epic to pull that trick on demand, then we can get any number of player ships. I’m already getting to thinking about how freighters would trade with stations; I’d love to use the pod spewer... think on this and write code bits, I will. Unless you’ve beat me to it already, I can try and make my small contribution by writing a way for the player to dock with and use the spewer. (That and the off-plane L-Point alignment, which you don’t seem to be using.)