Epic: Middle States bug reports

More
18 years 6 months ago #13805 by Shane
The CTD occured as I traveled from the Hoel L-point to the Acuin Shipyard. I was midway in the trip (deep space) and nowhere near an area where the engine would start displaying models. I don't think the traffic scripts are doing this...

Had a few more 'ghost ships' cruising with me. Got two at one time as I approached Emerald. Check out the pic below:

The pods should be acting like pirated cargo. Standard stations won't touch them, and you should have to fence them.

Jumped in and tested this. Can sell pods hijacked from traffic scripts just like any other. In fact can hijack them, dock them to my freighter, and then immediately sell them to the station if they're something the station usually buys.

Great game though. I've gotten a kick out of the challenge. About ready to hire my first Venice freighter. Then we'll really have some fun. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13806 by Shane
Oh... and one more (though I'm not sure this is a bug);

At the beginning of the game I was haunting the Hoel L-point. A pair of Megafreighters came through and wiped out. Some of the megapods opened... but others were only ejected from the ship.

Seeing this 'gift from the Trading Gods' I immediately hit 'J' to collect up the standard pods. The pods started heading towards my SNRV... both standard pods and megapods. The megapod targeting brackets were light blue just like standard pods.

Don't know what would have happend when the game tried to dock the megapods to the SNRV; I panicked and shot each megapod as it neared the freighter. I was too worried the game would crash if the megapods docked.

Should have just waited and seen what would have happened, but didn't want to loose my bonus.:D

More
18 years 6 months ago #13807 by GrandpaTrout
Oh, man. That would be such a sweet short story! I love the turn from glee to terror as those huge pods close in. Ok, I need to figure out how to weed out megapods from the hack list.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13811 by Shane
Yeah... I didn't know how to turn off the collection routine. Too inexperienced at that time. Nearly blew myself away because the megapods were shoving me around with the shockwaves as they detonated. :D

More
18 years 5 months ago #13829 by GOWDragonMaster
Oh, I thought GrandpaTrout knew about that already so I didn't say but if I did I would have reported that in sooner. Sorry GrandpaTrout, I knew about that since the first day. Funing thing though is that the Megapods didn't try to dock with my snrv?

More
18 years 5 months ago #13863 by Leomar

Originally posted by kisu1492

hi there.
first off, thanks for putting this together. it looks really cool.
However, i am playing the new game and when i buy the tug it won't let me launch because the tug is not "space worthy" because it hasno passive sensors. then i am stuck. i can't add them in the loadout.
i started the game again, and it only gave me 9000 credits, whcih wasn't even enough to buy the tug. any ideas?

At my first trys I also had this problem.

But when I tryed to follow the tutorial as exactly as I can none of this problems occured. So I think the important first step is to hire the wingman. If you dont hire him the ship you buy at the shipjard will get no passive sensors. If you restart the game without going back to Windows first you will have exactly the same amount of money as you have at the end of your last game.

It's a crazy theory but I havent something better.