file Epic: Middle States bug reports

More
18 years 5 months ago #13908 by PantsOnFire
Thanks for the explanations, GrampaTrout! Should I take my replies to the new forum, or is this a good spot?

The one bit of info that seems a bit off is the last one. I can destroy incoming SNRVs, steal their cargo, and sell it to the station sitting 4 clicks away if it's something they want to buy. They don't seem to care that I stole it. Is it possible that each time this happened I was dealing with a pirate/illegal station? Hmm. I'm pretty sure that it happened at more than one station.

My point was that in many cases, utils seemed to be bringing in cargo that the station didn't want. Perhaps in a few cases I hit a ship that had just taken on cargo, but why would a basic metals processing plant be shipping out lithium (for example)?

I'll spend some more time with the game in the coming week, but I wanted to give my "first impressions" while they were still fresh.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #13916 by kisu1492
Hi grandpa trout.
I've fixed the problem. I had been using a version of the game that didn't require a CD. I finally bought a complete one off ebay andinstalled it, and when i reinstalled epic and the patch it worked fine.
I played for about 10 minutes today, and all the detail and features you guys added look awesome; it will keep the game interesting and novel for a long time...lots of stuff to explore.
Thanks a lot. It's really great.
Kisu.

More
18 years 5 months ago #13917 by kisu1492
Hi there again.
2 issues
1. I don't get the save game option anyplace, in the station nor 1000 klicks from a port
2. Everytime I try to dock with a station after buying the tug it tells me there are no compatible docks. i've waited up to 15 minutes, and still no luck.

More
18 years 5 months ago #13926 by JonnyBoy
Hi there

Really enjoying the game but kept getting hit with the no GUI screens available bug, ESPECIALLY when I have done about 10 cargo runs and made myself 300k or more then can't save anywhere :(!

Apart from that loving it!!!

More
18 years 5 months ago #13928 by cambragol
JonnyBoy:
That bug is something we cannot get rid of right now. I believe it is document in the user manual/guide. Just try not to use Esc. when you are playing. Using esc. and then accessing an options screen will kill your GUI once you return to the game. Nothing can be done about it for now.

Kisu1492:
That is some strange behaviour you are seeing...Maybe GrandpaTrout can wrap his head around the problem..

oh, and I am glad you are enjoying the game!

More
18 years 5 months ago #13952 by Bozobub
I really, really (really!) think it needs to be emphasized MUCH more strongly that installing Torn Stars will *overwrite* your original EOC game..! I didn't realize this at first, hence a bunch of cussing until I found out how to make it work with EOC still installed. I made a post in the top level here on how I managed that, it's not too hard...