Epic: Middle States bug reports

More
18 years 5 months ago #13953 by cambragol
Good point Bozobub, I will add that to the download page. Thanks for posting the way to install both as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #13954 by MetalEye
Hi everybody

This is my first post and i want to thank everywhan ho has worked om the Middle States i'm really like it.

Now my problem is that when i'm playing MS and i'm approaching a station the game exit to desktop and windows xp says that there a problem is whit loader.exe
I don't know if this is a bug but it's hard to play the game because when you have trade a lot and have make some profit the game crached and you must start all over

if you don't nothist my english is bad, sorry about that

More
18 years 5 months ago #13959 by GrandpaTrout
Could someone who is getting this station approach bug please send me a save game from just before the bug. And tell me where you are flying. I cannot get it to happen, which makes fixing it very difficult.

And very good point about the Epic install. I will try to add to the next release the ability to "Switch Installs". All your old files are still there, unmodified. A backup is done just before Epic installs. I think we could write some installer code that would let you switch back to those files. Let me talk to Joco (the install master) about it.

Kisu1492: There are two ways to save. Go into the base "Enter Station" on the UniGUI menu. Once inside the base press "Esc" to open the save game screen. (This is standard EoC behavior, but the game was out a long time ago).

I should note, this is the only safe Escape screen you can use. Once in flight, do not open the Escape menu and change your audio volume or something. The Escape menu bug is part of EoC, but we will be removing that menu in the next release.

More
18 years 5 months ago #13999 by tombe0
No idea if this is a bug or a planned feature

I've been doing runs between Alcuin and Bedova (I think it was Bedova, anyway the system "north-west" of Alcuin)

The first few times I could fly to L-points with autopilot, then one time when leaving station in Alcuin to L-Point *BOOM* "Out-System" and had to do it manually.

Station: Rare Metals Mine -> Hoel L-point (target) F6 for auto-approach. -> Out-System, and no autopilot.

the same happens now everywhere, I don't really mind manual LDS flying but... :D

More
18 years 5 months ago #14000 by JonnyBoy
Read this whole thread Tom ;)

This happens because of something to do with not destroying the entire economy of the game - I have to admit Im not 100% on why lol

More
18 years 5 months ago #14001 by GrandpaTrout
tombe0, could you email me your save game? This is the first hint of what the real failure might be. I had never thought the game might "move" the lpoints themselves somehow out of system. Layers and layers of strangeness surrounds jumping.