Torn Stars Website Down

More
17 years 10 months ago #15259 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Torn Stars Website Down
Hmmm...looks like the site has been getting 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable pages on and off for two weeks or so. The site can still be reached, but it takes a few reloads. Weird, since my other websites on torn-stars sub-domains are completely unaffected. I will have to look into this. Things are not looking too good...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #15260 by cambragol
It seems my hoster has placed restrictions of some kind upon the main site. Which results in it appearing to be down most of the time. Great! Anyone have suggestions on a good hosting company?

More
17 years 10 months ago #15261 by cambragol
Well, an update on this unfolding drama. It seems the site was attacked again, and automatic restrictions kicked in. Normal service has been restored, but this still begs the question: Who would want to attack Torn Stars? A highly addicted and disgruntled trader? Someone who is exceedingly angered by all our sloppy and lazy (and free) work? Or perhaps...no..perhaps some commercial competitor who would rather terminate us than face the wrath of Unstable Space? The veil of this mystery has yet to be pierced...

More
17 years 10 months ago #15262 by Canute
Replied by Canute on topic Torn Stars Website Down
I dont think so.

I bet its a bored user who just pratice his new learned hacking skill or some hacking tool.I would sit it out until he lost the interest doing that. So long the forum is active you can spend the time at Torn Space instead the website.

More
17 years 9 months ago #15357 by dezgard
Replied by dezgard on topic Torn Stars Website Down
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

hmm cant get in at all

can you post links to all the downloads in the forums :P

More
17 years 9 months ago #15358 by cambragol
Sigh...

It looks like Torn-Stars came under attack AGAIN. So my host's servers have automatically downgraded the site's service to a barely functioning level. I have emailed them, so hopefully it will be up again soon. As for your problem downloading the .exe dezgard, once the site is back up look for the split downloaded post in the news area. That might help you. There was also a link posted in the forum at one point.