Something Darker

More
17 years 8 months ago #18841 by moondog
Something Darker was created by moondog
Hi All: I was woundering if it might be possable to allow pirates to dock with a subdued opponet, and maybe strip the ship of anything of value,i.e. wepons, ship parts, anyone left alive as slaves, food, power, credits, etc.
also have the ability to eather leave the ship as a derlict or haul the ship into a pirate port and sell it for a profit.
I would really like to see the pirate aspect of the game developed a bit further.

The Era of Goodwill Toward Man is Over!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15404 by cmschulz14
Replied by cmschulz14 on topic Something Darker
Well, since the "era of goodwill toward men " is over I can't help you.:D

Death to Mass and Marauders!!!

Death to Maas and Marauders!!! Anyone mess with me, then you're asking to die!

More
17 years 8 months ago #15417 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Something Darker
There might be room for something like that in the future. I recall that GrandpaTrout was bouncing around the idea of being able to salvage components from derelict ships. Why not ships that one has just recently made 'derelict'?

More
17 years 8 months ago #15420 by moondog
Replied by moondog on topic Something Darker
Yes! and this would make being a pirate much more interesting and if you were an honest trader life would be a bit more interesting, maybe if you were under attack and the pirate had disabled you he'd call and give you an option of buying him off or loosing your ship! but only if it was a one on one situation, if they were running in packs you would't have a choice you'd have to kill all of them to servive or keep from being sold into slavery.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15426 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Something Darker
Sounds like good ideas! We just need someone to start coding them up. It would be really cool if pirates could disable you, and strip your ship of guns, missiles etc. Then you would have to limp back to a station, (or send out a distress beacon to have a truck come and tow you back) and draw on your bank account to buy all new equipment. Then you could go out and get some revenge!! (In Unstable Space groups/fleets of ships have a persistance, so you could actually hunt them down and exterminate them.)

More
17 years 8 months ago #15428 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Something Darker
"Yar-har-har, a pirate's life for me!" --Jafs

The bigger question is: if they stole your equipment, could you actually hunt them down again and steal everything they took (minus whatever they managed to shift) right back? Or would you only be able to extract revenge, with all of your former goods lost forever as soon as the pirates get converted from high-memory groups of ships to low-memory fleet operations?

Colson reached up and tapped the button to cycle the airlock with the barrel of his mag pistol. The dust and debris in the docking tunnel fluttered suddenly as the pressure differential equalised itself. Raising the barrel of his pistol, Colson advanced to the prone figure on the ground and levelled his pistol to the man's face.

The pirate groaned as he looked up, recognising the pilot of the Meridian. "You!" he said, weakly.

"Me," Colson agreed. "I believe you have something for me."

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.