game keeps getting error report

More
17 years 8 months ago #18843 by moondog
Hi: I keep getting an loader.exe error and it closes/crashes my game on me. can anybody help me so I can get this fixed? it happins at any time during the game, if there is a keying factor i don't know what it is. if I do an error report will it go to you guys? or will it go to microsoft?
please help

The Era of Goodwill Toward Man is Over!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15403 by cmschulz14
well, since the "era of good will toward men " is over, I can't help you.:D

Death to Mass and Marauders!!!

Death to Maas and Marauders!!! Anyone mess with me, then you're asking to die!

More
17 years 8 months ago #15414 by cambragol
I have seen errors like this in the past. I would try a reinstall of EoC and Torn Stars. In my case I had some kind of mixup with my mods folder, telling the game something was there, when it wasn't. Are you able to play the game at all? Or is this loader error occuring during gameplay?

And an error report will go to Microsoft, so don't bother.

I wish I could help more, but I am not the coding guru of the team.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15419 by moondog
Hi: Yesterday I was reading in the forum's and I found the post by grandpatrout and some other guy's and it got me thinking, so I did two things,
1) I did the compatability with win 95 thing.
2) Grandpatrout mentioned how the stations were to close to the planet causing the error, so what I did was to stop just inside the 20 klick limit away from everything next to the station and do my buying and selling there, this seemed to help a lot. also I saved my game alot as well. I would save it about every 3to4 turns of going from the mine to the processing station and this seemed to help as well.
most of my errors were in close proximity to the station or a planet if this helps.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15423 by cambragol
Ah that is a bug we have solved in Unstable Space. We moved all the stations back from the planets and the bug disappeared. It had to do with the wingmen AI being unable to 'dodge' planets when a station was in too low an orbit. Your solution seems like a good temporary fix.