Uspace Bugs version 11.4 Current Version

More
17 years 2 months ago #18969 by GrandpaTrout
Download USpace 11.4

For those who are following the bug tracker, items with a status of "testing" are items we think are fixed and would like someone else to try (just to be sure it works on all machines).

* The big change in this release is the Loadout GUI. It is not totally complete, but the majority of the features work.

* Also many new player upgrades have been added for purchase, so you can buy new sensors, shields and weapons. Pricing has not been worked out yet (we are still alpha testing here).

* Lpoint asteroids were moved.

* Asteroids in general were thinned a little bit to reduce the chances of collision.

* A switch was added to allow turning off the asteroids. If you can get the station approach bug to happen frequently, try turning this off and see if the problem goes away.

* Autosaves were added on arrival at station and on quit. You might never need to use the save screen again. If you find the approach station save really annoying, you can turn it off in the options screen.

Please use this thread to report bugs you find in Unstable Space. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to help us out.

We want to know about crashes immediately. However, if you have not played the standard game since your last hardware upgrades or Windows updates, then please try the standard game without the mod (rename your unstable space mods folder to mods_us is all it takes to uninstall the mod). If you are seeing crashes in the standard game, it is a hardware or driver issues. If the crashes go away, it is probably a bug in USpace.

Writing a good bug report:

If the bug is not a crash, try to get it to happen twice before you report the bug. The moment you see the bug a second time, pause your game. Write down: The exact station name or lpoint that is nearest. The name of the star system you are in. Which player start did you use (trader, miner, capsule jump weak, etc).
Then list the steps that you did to get the bug to happen the second time. It does not have to be super complex. Here is a good example:

"I was in LDS approaching station Emerald STC in Emerald, with my freighters in formation, when suddenly they vanished. I paused and saw they were 100,000km away. The distance to the station was 250km from where I paused. I had my wingmen vanish once before, but I was approaching Etcom Common metals in Alcuin."

Once you have written down the specifics, save your game. Make a new folder with the bug name "vanishing_wingmen". And put a copy of the save game and flux.log file into the folder. Then if we need them to find the issue, you can send them in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16366 by Joco
If appropriate put the bug tracker link in here GT. Your decision.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16367 by GrandpaTrout
Yeah, I can't decide. After the DOS attacks on the Torn Stars site, I am reluctant to publicly post the bug tracker.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16369 by Joco
Ok - in that case by application to you via email or PM.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16376 by esraven
Please send bug tracker also to me by email.
Greetz

More
17 years 2 months ago #16383 by Shingen
I should get some time this weekend to play through this release. I can't wait to check out all the changes.