Uspace Bugs version 11.4 Current Version

More
17 years 2 months ago #16386 by GrandpaTrout
Glad your going to get a chance to take a look. Hopefully did not break too much.

Esraven: I am on vacation this week, but will be getting in touch soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16390 by theweasl
I downloaded and played unstable space.I have a dell dimension 8400 with 1 gig of ram if that helps you.
I was able to succesfully perform capsule jumps, I was pleasantly surprised to see lori giving me instructions on jump points. I tried the pirate mode and found that I was able to pirate and sell cargo. I am assuming that since this is just alpha testing that is why I did not see a lot of traffic. U.S. was a lonley place. In bumpys star at all the stations I was able to get fuel for free from the fueling freighters. Was I supposed to be able to gas up for nothing? Also the game became very jittery when I was trying to steal some pods from any freighter that was protected by three or so patcoms, lots of plasma flying, and lots of action. Otherwise the game played well.
In the mining mode I found the carrier kept crashing into me when I would drop out of LDS at about 30-35 k away from the asteroid. No big deal, just a minor annoyance. After I surveyed the first asteroid I mined some pods out of it. While mining I told my fuel ship to fuel up myy entire fleet. when I was finished with 5 pods or so I undocked my tugs from the surface and flew away to find something else. The fuel freighter did not formate with me, due to the fact it thought it was still fueling.
I hope this helps out, and thanks for a very cool game.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16392 by theweasl
I went back into the game the next day and found that I still could not get my fuel freighter to form up with me. So I went back to get him. After the message appeared I was unable to get my mining tugs to folow me. So in other words I was always leaving some wingman group behind.
On my second attempt to return to the (beta cluster) L-point my carrier crashed into my freighter and destroyed him. So I was left in the middle of nowhere with calcium pods, no mining tugs, and no freighter. (I guess life really is hell in the badlands). At least I got free gas. That's when I quit that game and tried the pirate version.
I made my way into the Emerald system, thru the crystal L-point. I ran the customs guys and they did not follow. Right out of the l-point I was able to jump into LDS. I headed to the Emerald Heavy manufacturing plant and flew thru a planet, sorry I was not able to see the name of the planet due to the script on the lower left side of my screen. I did sustain damage to my ship, My wingmen did not get any damage. I pirated some cargo-got my *ss kicked by a patcom, jumped into LDS back to Crystal L-point. The patcom followed me and my wingmen half way, then disappeared. I decided to go back to the Heavy manufacturing plant and flew thru the same planet again. Another ship was docked to the station, and I tried to advance the day three times, but that ship did not move. At this point I ran out of play time and had to quit the game. I hope I have helped out here, and not wasted your time with my story. I wil not be able to return to my computer until next Sunday, if you need any info from me.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16393 by GrandpaTrout
Hi Theweasl, your story was very helpful. I will look into the fueling issues and why some ships are getting stuck docked to stations. Not sure if they are not unlocking, or if the AI is getting confused.

The carrier was put in to test "largest ship in game" but we are pulling that ship out. I forgot to change it into a destroyer.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16411 by GrandpaTrout
Anyone else finding issues? Is it quiet because no one has had time to test, or because you are testing, but not finding issues? (I hope the latter, but expect the former). I have been pretty busy myself, so I have not done as much testing as I would like.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16413 by Shingen

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout

Anyone else finding issues? Is it quiet because no one has had time to test, or because you are testing, but not finding issues? (I hope the latter, but expect the former). I have been pretty busy myself, so I have not done as much testing as I would like.

Kinda both, time to play and finding issues that haven't already been located.

So far so good. Like they say, No news is good news. =D