file Resigning from Torn Stars

More
12 years 6 months ago #17119 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Resigning from Torn Stars
My install on Win7 64 was just standard. Actually, it isn't even an install. I just run it through my original winXP folder, and start the game by running IW2EoCGS.exe I just gave it a shot on a whim the other day and it worked great. I can get to one setting below the max setting for my monitor, which is 2560x1600. Not sure why it can't go to the native display setting. There are a few graphical glitches here and there though, mostly at the point where parts of models overlap. But it is hardly noticeable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #17122 by SoupDragon
Nice one cambragol. I'll give it go. Thanks.

More
12 years 6 months ago #17123 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Resigning from Torn Stars
I do remember some problems with extreme gamespeed on my last XP rig making the game unplayable.

On Win 7 64 I don't install my old games into the default path but into C:\games\... to trick the UAC feature.
Never had any problems with compatibility errors or messages - nor with mods changing files.

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance

More
12 years 6 months ago #17124 by cambragol
I've had to turn UAC off completely. Maybe that is what the difference between the game working, and not working. That or the new AMD video card I got. Previously I had an Nvidia card.

I also experienced extreme gamespeed before, but that was on a very old laptop that had only half the required video memory, and was running win 2000

More
12 years 6 months ago #17127 by doctorfrog
Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for keeping this forum up and running. I'm coming back to EOC after some time and I'm writing up a recommended list of mods to post on a few forums and my (almost completely traffic free) blog. I'm referring to this site and forum for my resources, so just keep in mind that that torch you guys keep lit is worth it for the occasional aficionado. Thanks!

More
12 years 6 months ago #17128 by cambragol
You should leave a link to your blog. Always nice to see news or discussion of Iwar.