Can't install TornStars/UnstableSpace

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #19101 by s20dan
As the title says, I cannot install Tornstars / Unstablespace via the installer.
I have tried Tornstars8.0 and UnstableSpace11.6 on 2 pcs, both have eoc installed and patched up to 14.6. The installer just refuses to do anything.

Are there any .zips /.rars / .7zips versions of the mod? I.E. Manual installs. Without the .exe installer?

Or does anyone have any idea whats happening?

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #16860 by s20dan
By the way, for anyone else who was having this problem. It is caused by the Registry pointing to an incorrect location for the game files.

More
15 years 1 week ago #16861 by Shingen
Hey, where did u get US 11.6? I can't find it anywhere in an *.zip *.exe format. I have 8.0, but I've been looking for 11.6 for awhile now.

Thanks

More
15 years 5 days ago #16864 by DarkOne
I will try to look at this before the weekend and give some feedback on it lets just see how Iwar2 likes Vista never mind the mod itself :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #16934 by NucNuc
Have the same problem like s20dan, but I live with an old EOC 10.0 german version, uppatched to 14.6.
The Tornstars/Unstablespace installers did not even started. I always got an error message about a corrupted setup.

Any ideas to get the mods running ?

Yes, I even "cleared" the registry before new installation and patching EOC.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16936 by cambragol
I think that s20dan is correct regarding the cause of this problem. The installer looks for an entry in your registry, to locate the installed location. If it can't find that registry key, it cannot proceed with the install. I suspect that different versions of EOC (european/us/international etc.) may be storing this information in a slightly different spot in the registry.

If people with different version could find the exact location/key for their install, it might help to make an installer that can find the install location, regardless of the version