Torn Stars Add on Mods

More
8 years 8 months ago #19833 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Torn Stars Add on Mods
I've never heard of a DX8 patch.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #19834 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Torn Stars Add on Mods
It's finished and one of the I-War 2 developers has it.

But it's never been released :(

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 8 months ago #19835 by Chessking
:( :angry: :( :angry: ... :( :angry:

What else can I say?

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #19841 by d3rt13n
Replied by d3rt13n on topic Torn Stars Add on Mods
Would be cool to have that patch, I've never heard of it either. I still enjoy playing it, since the space flight model is still unrivaled, even by ED. If you come to take a closer look at the mechanics, theres actually a lot of I-War 2 in Elite Dangerous.

Supercruise = LDS
The Frameshift jump = Capsule jump
The different loadouts etc...

By the way;

The textures source I used came from a guy called Ladyrapid. He has a page on deviantart here:

link

I was goofballing around a bit with the warp tool and they actually came out well, so I will ask him if he's ok with me releasing the nebula package here and you can all enjoy it ingame. Credits for the grafics go totally to him.

The planets are another matter, they are procedurally generated and I can release them at my leisure, and will upload them when I am done with them. I might play with the Nebula textures some more afterwards.

Our old I-War 2 still looks fantastic. The dialogues in the campaign are superb and have character, unlike the lifeless robot dialogs in X Rebirth. If someone would start an I-War 3 as a kickstarter even with the same story but better grafics, I would gladly spend money on it. An I-War Remastered with a Comsec and ships that have the detail of the one below:

I was surfing around the web looking for good images of the original I war ships: found this by Daedalus29:

Heres the link to the forum post:

link

The following user(s) said Thank You: schmatzler

More
8 years 8 months ago #19842 by Chessking
That is one sweet ComSec!

I have been becoming more and more interested in PCG since I heard of Limit Theory from Iron Duke. I have played around with the built in Perlin noise function and my own algorithms at the following links:

planet/sky generator
organized starfield

Also, here's more about the I-War 3 topic, with regards to legal complications:

Will there ever be I-War 3

Which reminds me, I have something to add to that thread...

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #19846 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Torn Stars Add on Mods

d3rt13n wrote: Would be cool to have that patch, I've never heard of it either.

I could try contacting Stephen Robertson and Atari about it, maybe they'll give the go after all these years. But I doubt it :(

Those ComSec renders are wonderful! OMG! So excited about this. I think they are worth mentioning on the frontpage...just to get rid of the Funhaus guys, they've stayed long enough! :D

Space. The final frontier.