Steam Controller with I-War 2?

More
8 years 3 months ago #20069 by 7upMan
I have a Thrustmaster Flightstick X, which is a good, unexpensive joystick with speed control on the left side. It doesn't have Force Feedback, though. Still, I can recommend it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #20070 by AdmiralZeratul
@Schmatzler
That sounds like a fun hobby project. Sadly, I lack the technical knowledge. Perhaps I will try it someday, after I have finally moved into a place of my own.

As for the keyboard and mouse thing, that makes sense to me. In promotional material, the Steam controller was hyped as a device that would work well even for games that normally need a keyboard and mouse. By the way, unless you like using something that's like a laptop's trackpad but much smaller, no, it really doesn't. In retrospect, you were probably right about the old Xbox 1 controller being better.

7upMan wrote: I have a Thrustmaster Flightstick X, which is a good, unexpensive joystick with speed control on the left side. It doesn't have Force Feedback, though. Still, I can recommend it.

Oh, that does look rather nice. Is it easy to set up with I-War 2? It looks much better than my first joystick, that's for sure. That thing was absolute crap, and I had to re-calibrate it every 2 minutes. Although, I think I had it before I was even 12, so maybe I was using it wrong or something.

Overthinking is kind of a habit of mine.

More
8 years 3 months ago #20071 by 7upMan
My first real quality-joystick ever was a Logitech Wingman Extreme. That thing too had issues with re-calibrating. It even had two wheels next to it for easy re-calibration. That alone should have warned me back then, but I had no idea that it's such an annoying and at the same time such an often necessary task. The Flightstick, on the other hand, needed to be calibrated only once. Since then, it works like a charm.