Does anyone play multiplayer?

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #17756 by Claren
As I play Age of Sail over Gamespy quite often I see that there are never any people in the Independence War 2 room.

Do you use other ways of setting up games or are there simply no one who plays it online?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #5944 by MajorTom
To be honest, there is very little action going on presently. We're hoping that will change soon, as the Epic mod is released.

The goal is to improve the popularity by making new games that are EOC-Like and offer (limited) Co-Op play options.

We need beta testers now so. If you're interested check out the "mods and pog scripting" forum below.

You can also find lots of information on EOC MP on my home page. via the link in my sig.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #5946 by Claren
I checked out your site, (good old Netfusion, is it :-) and it sounds fun.
But, to be true, I have ordered EVE - The second genesis ( www.eve-online.com/ )that will launch Maj 6, so I guess I wont be able to help much as betatester. Maybe Eve isn't so great after all, then I'll be back to I-War as I think that is the best space sim since Elite - Frontier.

Oh, BTW, I tested Microsofts new hotshot "Freelancer" that was said to be like Elite, what a joke.
It is a typical arcade game, like the one you put coins in. With a small ship at the bottom of screen you are suppossed to turn and fire at other ships around you, actually much like Asteroides :-) Don't waist any money on it.

/ TC

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #5948 by MajorTom
Based on the demo I tried, I agree with your sentiments about Freelancer.

Eve looks good, but I'm waiting up, what others report (I'm too busy anyhow right now). So, keep us informed, OK?

Yeh, good ol' Netfusion: I got it off a magazine cover CD for free 2 years ago and started using it for my site. Seems too much trouble to upgrade the whole site to something else now. I'll just stick with it for a while.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #5954 by Claren
I'll write a few lines here when I have tryed EVE.
Maybe this is the right place to recruite a bunch of furious fighters to protect the large Tradeships I'm planning to buy. :-)

No need to change anything on your site, it looks nice and do it's job. Thats good enough.
Netfusion is a great tool for making a site quickly, you can have a multipage site up and running in 30 minutes. Try that on Dreamweaver :-)

More
20 years 5 months ago #7766 by gracerx
Eve Online....gorgeous game, mind numbing in it's leveling, takes forever, and really aren't people tired of mining all the time to level up and get stuff?
I did the beta test for a month or so, it was cool at the start, but it still took forever to get anything worthwhile to fend off pirates.
Oh yeah, really, really cool ship design and modability, better than most games out there.
I agree with the sentiments about Freelancer as well. Dissapointing.

Candy good!