file Dedicated Multiplayer Server

More
8 years 10 months ago #19594 by RichardSkinner
it worked! I even killed you a few times :woohoo: (before being aced)

turns out my target was "Infrogrames/Independece War 2 -Edge of chaose", instead of "Infrogrames/Edge Of Chaose"

The Priceline Negotiator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #19595 by schmatzler
Yes it surely was a fun session - I got my arse heavily kicked by the bots! ;)

And then it happened - sometimes when a bot gets killed, the server crashes. I've seen old threads about this problem here, so it looks like this problem always existed.

Now I just need to write a failsafe script that will restart it automatically when that happens.

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 10 months ago #19596 by RichardSkinner
im dissapointed the storm petrel doesnt get the quad lights. i wish you could pick your loadout.

It would be cool if the multiplyer stats could somehow be recorded by the site and attached to people profiles here like kills and such

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 10 months ago #19597 by schmatzler

RichardSkinner wrote: im dissapointed the storm petrel doesnt get the quad lights. i wish you could pick your loadout.

Yes, it's a bit unfair that the bots will fly to the next powerup instantly and will just kick your ass, because we only start with a shield and the slow TSK.

It would be cool if the multiplyer stats could somehow be recorded by the site and attached to people profiles here like kills and such

I will look into it. The game is creating a logfile, maybe I can skim through it with a script and put together some statistics.

More
8 years 10 months ago #19598 by schmatzler
And it crashed again - damn!

I've put together a little restart script, now it should come back automatically after 20-30s. If anyone's interested, that's the script:
#!/bin/bash
# if online is NULL, it's down. May change maps, so wait and check again:
if [ -z "$(curl -sSf http://hirnschwund.net/?s=13 | grep "ONLINE")"]; then
echo "I-War is offline"
sleep 20
fi
if [ -z "$(curl -sSf http://hirnschwund.net/?s=13 | grep "ONLINE")"]; then
echo "I-War still offline, killing all processes"
pkill -SIGKILL -f "Xvfb :1" && pkill -SIGKILL -f "loader.exe" && pkill -SIGKILL -f "dpnsvr.exe"
sleep 2
echo "Starting server"
Xvfb :1&
export DISPLAY=:1
cd .wine/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Independence\ War\ 2/ && \
LC_ALL="c" nohup wine ./bin/release/loader.exe -ac iwar2.icServerApp -sp dm -sn "i-war2 GOG" -stl 900 -sfl 10 -aic 2 > /dev/null 2>&1 &
else
echo "I-War running, leave."
fi

More
8 years 10 months ago #19599 by RichardSkinner
i think you crashed it on purpose cause you saw that I had dual antimatter streams and i was gunning for ya! :evil:

The Priceline Negotiator