IronDuke's Space Game

More
8 years 11 months ago #19451 by IronDuke
For the future, any discussion of my planned space game can be here, instead of my old mod thread, until I have enough progress to make getting my own site worth the time.
Currently the plan is - wait and see if the guys at Unity Technologies are going to integrate PhysX Flex. As I'm going to have the thrusters completely fluid based, for perfect realism should part of one be damaged and leak, I do need a good, fast fluid system.
Meanwhile... plan plan plan, design design design. So much to do!

--IronDuke

P.S. UT may not have to integrate Flex specifically; I saw something somewhere about it being integrated by Nvidia into the Physx SDK 3.4 when it's done. As Unity 5 has 3.3, that means only a little push required.
(Crosses fingers)

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19453 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic IronDuke's Space Game
Post some screenshots! I'd like to know what you've made so far!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19454 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic IronDuke's Space Game
Argh, I was hoping no one would ask that! I'm working on very preliminary thruster stuff right now, and that can't be shown with screenshots. I'd take video, but the PC I'm using keeps dropping way too many frames for the video to be coherent.
I am also working on the encyclopedia, because I want all the scientific stuff down before I start building ships on it. I get the funny feeling Particle Systems may have done the same thing. All I know is that their encyclopedia really helps with the immersion, knowing what all the stuff in your ship does.
(Copy paste good idea)
As soon as I have anything that might qualify for a screenshot, BANG - it's here!

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19455 by Chessking
Ok! I have a question, though. What do you use (or what else is there) to take video? As far as I know, my computer did not come with a program to record videos.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19457 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic IronDuke's Space Game
I used MSI Afterburner. It's technically a free GPU overclocking program I use to boost GPU speeds as much as thirty percent, but to my surprise, I found it could do screen capture videos. Not well though, they drop lotsa frames, but I blame the computer. It's south bridge is dead, and the hard drive is flaky, and some of the data on it is corrupted because of that. :(
I've been searching for an alternative, but there aren't many good free ones.

--IronDuke

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19458 by Chessking
Thanks! Perhaps Afterburner will help with my Perlin noise problems...
Also, your computers seem to have a thing for bad hard drives. :lol:

Storm Petrel