Weird graphics

More
19 years 7 months ago #11585 by limdul
Replied by limdul on topic Weird graphics
OK - you lost your money. C'mon - vsync has nothing to do with it. It's just a FPS-to-refreshrate limiter. But I've tried it anyways. And it didn't work for that matter (I have vsync controlled by applications by default)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #11586 by Stephen Robertson PS
Replied by Stephen Robertson PS on topic Weird graphics
I-War 2 was developed primarily under Win2k, so it should be fine. It works mostly fine on my XP system with APIC on.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
19 years 7 months ago #11587 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Weird graphics
When I installed Tron 2.0, I had to update my drivers to get correct performance. Then, when I tried running EoC, I had the same problem you're having.

I reinstalled drivers from the EoC release period (a couple of years old) and the problem vanished.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 5 months ago #11926 by felvira
Replied by felvira on topic Weird graphics
I have the same problem. I'm running a Win2K on an P4 2000, 512RAM and a GeForceFX 5700LE (256MB) with nVidia drivers version 66.93. DX Version is 9c. I also tried on a WinXP Pro system.

Editing the "flux.ini" file I have minimized the problem to a little polygons flicker in some models (specially big objects, like stations).

I have changed the value "use_static_buffers = 0" to "use_static_buffers = 1" in the section "[fcGraphicsDeviceD3D]" (remember to backup first).

I don't know why, but it helps. Changing some other values seens to do nothing.

I think this is a compatibility problem with new NVIDIA drivers, and maybe the solution is in the "flux.ini". Where can I find information about editing this file?

More
19 years 5 months ago #11927 by limdul
Replied by limdul on topic Weird graphics
Yay! You're my hero! It helped A LOT! In fact I'm no longer experiencing ANY graphical problems. 0_o Huh!? One little setting can work wonders. I'm using Forceware 27.02, but it doesn't matter much, since the situation didn't get any better BEFORE I edited the flux.ini.