Help with WhatRocksV2..

More
20 years 2 months ago #17946 by They_HunGer
I unziped the whatrocks folder into the edgeofchaos directory and followed all the instructions... after doing that i tried to host a multiplayer game... after a few seconds the screen goes black and it goes back to my desktop...

NOTE: the indies vs corporates, bomb tag and deathmatch are all gone.

This is what i did: i copied and paste the flux file into my own flux file... IS something wrong here??:(![V]

There's only One oF us GetTing out HeRe aNd it w0nt be mE

~C.C. Rocks~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8825 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Help with WhatRocksV2..
Just to be sure:
You should unzip what_rocksv2.zip to a temporary folder and then copy the folder what_rocks (thats in the unziped folder) to your EOC directory. Then you have to change your flux and run the batch file.

Before you start (host) a game you have to go into "options" and select one of the new ships). Also, you have to be connected to the internet.

If you did it right, the original maps and games (like Indies vs Corporates ect.) are now in some folders that are located in <EOC Directory>/what_rocks/backups.

You can't play the original games and what_rocks simultanously.
If you want to play the original (unmodded) MP games you have to double click the file "deinstall_what_rocksv2beta". That will replace the original games back to the folders where they were and remove the what rocks ships and maps.

What exactly did you cut and paste to your flux.ini file?
You only need to add one line to flux.ini. (See item 2 in the readme). Also, don't confuse flux.ini with flux.log.

Did you put the new keybinds in configs/defaults.ini (item 4 in the readme)

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8844 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic Help with WhatRocksV2..
I copied and paste this:[FcResourceManager]
search_paths[0] = .\what_rocks
search_paths[1] = .\resource
search_paths[2] = .\streams

and replaced the ones in my ini file...
and Yes I DID put up the new keybinds in my default and keyboard ini.
Last question: can I host a game and play it OFFLINE??? in WhatRocks?

~C.C. Rocks~

More
20 years 2 months ago #8848 by MajorTom
Yes, those lines are correct, Have you got it to run yet, or were you trying to host offline?

You can host and play offline if you have a network card in your PC (that you normally use for internet access like with DSL or cabel).

If you only use a modem as access to the internet you'll have to install a loopback (a bit complicated to do) to play offline.

If internet cost is not an issue (for example you have a flat rate), you can play online on your own server. You can easily make your server invisible to the internet so no one can join and bother you, if you want.

Which option?

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8892 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic Help with WhatRocksV2..
I once hosted a game not on WhatRocks but just on multi on EoC and i hosted the game offline?? how come??

~C.C. Rocks~

More
20 years 2 months ago #8898 by MajorTom

Originally posted by They_HunGer

I once hosted a game not on WhatRocks but just on multi on EoC and i hosted the game offline?? how come??

what_rocks (and Epic Online) does not make any changes to the MP engine. If you ran offline with the original EOC MP, you can do it with either of the mods, using the same method you used then.

How you did it, I don't know, because I don't know what kind of system you have (you didn't answer my question above).

Warning: If you have an analog modem and don't have the loopback functionality you can possibly ruin your modem.

Have Gun, Will Travel