Another wierd crash

More
19 years 10 months ago #18125 by Aquasesh
Another wierd crash was created by Aquasesh
well...i play EOC for ages now...and i simply love it...
i never had any trouble...i have my 5 computer now since i bought the game and every VGA/Chipset combination possible..(mainly AMD)
but since i have the latest Board in there which is a KT600 i have only trouble playing ... i tried reinstalling so often...i went thru all my NVidia Drivers and tried different Via drivers...
what happens is that the game crashes whenever there is a movie loading.
and sometimes in gameplay.
i tried with and without 14.6
also weird is that the EOC CDs are the only ones that take a minute to show up in Explorer...same with the installation folder...dont know why that is.
i blame the board...shyte :P
i hope you guys have an idea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10459 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Another wierd crash
I've heard there are some issues with copywrite protection and the IDE drivers on KT 600 in some cases. EOC obviously has an older type of copywrite protection as it is meanwhile over 3 years old.

My suggestion: Copy the folder "movies" from your cd to your EOC directory then change your flux.ini in the section [FcResourceManager] as shown below.

A little warning that may not apply to you, but: Make a backup of your flux.ini first, and don't do it if you feel uncomfortable about changing an .ini file with an editor

[FcResourceManager]
search_paths[0] = .\resource
search_paths[1] = .\streams
search_paths[2] = .\movies
search_cd = 0
generate_access_log = 0

That way your cd will no longer be accessed when the game looks for a movie or for some of the other files.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10461 by Aquasesh
Replied by Aquasesh on topic Another wierd crash
Vielen Dank Major Tom

your solution fixed the problem.
now i can play the game...but i have texture flickering...especially on the edges of textures.
lucrezias base or the asteroid filcker pretty bad...might be the nvidia driver..
also i have problems with ending the game. it freezes when i hit the 'beenden' button.
i can then only end it with ALT-TAB.
i thought about swapping back to my Nforce2 board...i only use the KT600 because of the 4 SATAs.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10470 by MajorTom
You do have the mainboards AGP driver properly installed?

Problems with Quit: Are you perhaps running the game on a German OS? There are some issues with "." and "," if you do.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10474 by Aquasesh
Replied by Aquasesh on topic Another wierd crash
well...i am german and my EOC is german...but my OS is english..i currently live in Australia...so i dont know if that makes any problems.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10476 by MajorTom
You should be ok if you use standard US regional settings, regardless of the language version of the game.

If you have "." as the thousands seperator and "," as the decimal point you will however have problems with EOC if you are running WinXP.