Creating list of all bodies/habitats in EoC

More
19 years 7 months ago #18223 by Shane
Does anyone happen to have some code which would poll through all the bodies and habitats in EoC and dump them into flux log? And even sort them? Or something I could modify to achieve this result?

Or does anyone happen to have a list of these?

Thanks.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #11510 by GrandpaTrout
The new geography package would let you decompile the maps and get a full list. But that drops out pretranslated names, which can differ. Or you could just look at the text translation files, cause everything had to be translated. The nice thing about both of these options is that they churn out spreadsheet files, and the spreadsheet lets you sort with ease.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 7 months ago #11511 by Shane
Great! I'll give that a try (actually, I'd started sorting the text entries by hand, and it's a big damn cluster! ;))

Thanks. :D

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 7 months ago #11512 by Stephen Robertson PS
Look at the location finder mod source code - it generates lists of all habitats in the game, and the code could easily be modified to list all planetary bodies too.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
19 years 7 months ago #11513 by Shane

Originally posted by Stephen Robertson
Look at the location finder mod source code - it generates lists of all habitats in the game, and the code could easily be modified to list all planetary bodies too.

<smacks forehead> Augh! Why didn't I think of that?

An elegant solution. I suppose that's why you're the professional and I'm the amature. :D Thanks Stephen!