Jafs is dragging pods around with megafreighter

More
22 years 1 month ago #17309 by NightHawk
Mods: Multimod, custom jafs and megafreighter.

When jafs comes to pick up the pods the first "pile" of pods go ok, but when he pilots to the next pod he slams into it, and because there is a "podcatcher" in front of the megafreighter, he drags the pod away while he steps on the gas... at one time he dragged the pod for almost 100km... And of course after that he turns to pick up the next pod, guess what happens... :(

Anyone else have the same problem? Anyone know of a solution?

Seems like the problem is with the Auto Approach autopilot when you have some extra weight on...

Nh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 1 month ago #982 by SlipStream
The pod ketcher is one thing (if it were BC..i would carve it off with some phaser blasts). The other reason I think he does it is because he wants to get the center of the ship were that pod is because it close to the middle of the group of pods. What we need to change is how far away he stops from the pods. That way he stops short unstead of plowing through all of the pods.

I just wish that armed megfreighter could carry a few more pods. It's nice to have fire support while you are fighting off enemy ships.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few - Spock (ya so it aint IW related :p)

Its been sucha long time and IW2 still rocks my sox just as much...who woulda figured eh?

More
22 years 1 month ago #1018 by StormHammer01
just alter the megafreighter ini in the superfreighter mod and change the maneuverability/thrust/weight values to make it stop faster :D

Windows has caused a fatal error in modules 0000-FFFF. please consult a mortician.

Windows has caused a fatal error in modules 0000-FFFF. please consult a mortician.

More
22 years 1 month ago #1037 by NightHawk
@Stormhammer01 If it's so easy why dont you just tell me the values... I'v tried changing the speed but he still slams into the pods at aprox. 200m/s. Btw: There is no maneuverability or weight value...

If I find a solution i'll post it...

Nh

More
22 years 1 month ago #1042 by NightHawk
I'v tried changing:
; Dimensions
; Maximum linear speeds as a vector (m/s)
; Maximum linear acceleration as a vector (m/s/s)
; Maximum angular rotation (deg/s)
; Maximum angular acceleration (deg/s/s)

both up and down but with no luck. The only way to avoid Jafs crashing, is to mark all the pod, call inn Jafs and then leave... Then he'll auto pick up all the marked...

Funny thing is, the SnRv and the MegaFreighter both crash into pods, but the standard 20 pods freighter that comes with Stephen Robertson custom_jafs mod doesn't... please Stephen, if you'r reading this, can you help us?(me?)... :)

Nh

More
22 years 1 week ago #1333 by Moon Scape
I want to know how you change jaffs ship to a megafreighter. I Know where to type it in. I just don't know what to call it.