lightbulb Petrel vs Corvette

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #20535 by IronDuke
Petrel vs Corvette was created by IronDuke

IronyMan wrote: Which ship do you typically use?

The Heavy Corvette, and it'll whup your Petrel's posterior with no effort. :V

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #20537 by IronyMan
Replied by IronyMan on topic Petrel vs Corvette

IronDuke wrote: no effort

Yeah, shields removed, generator increased to corvette grade, missile pack replaced with AM stream. Emissions are off the charts. The thing is super effective for hit and run; dump all power into engines to get in real close, switch to weapons to slice and dice, then switch back to engines and escape to recharge.

You'd need to exert yourself. Have you edited configs or do you fly with standard loadout?

Warning: Spoiler!

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #20540 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Petrel vs Corvette

7upMan wrote: IronDuke, there was another mission that caused a lot of issues, I think it was Wolf's Lair (or something like that). Can you fix that mission, too?

Major plot spoiler warning:
Warning: Spoiler!

IronyMan wrote: You'd need to exert yourself. Have you edited configs or do you fly with standard loadout?

Well, in Instant Action I fly with the unmodded files. Same in the normal game. I don't like the loadout in Instant Action, which gives me a good challenge. :P I'll bet though that the dual Gatlings would tear you up before you could get close. And in the normal game, I run 6 neutron PBCs when they become available. That's the thing; it wouldn't be fair for you to fly such a heavily modded ship when I'm flying a vanilla ship. :whistle: I'd still be willing to give it a shot though. Oh, and I always tote along a Deathblow remote or two, so I could murder you before you even enter gun range. :P

As for your snarky comment concerning shields, well, I just dare you to beat two heavy cruisers using a single light PBC in the Tug. You'll be really grateful for shields then. I only succeeded once. :P You're running a glass cannon build, but seriously, shields are necessary on larger vessels.

I'd challenge you to a multiplayer on the server, but my left joystick broke and my right one is atrophying faster than Clay's memory. :( Once I get a new pair of sticks it's on if you're game. :evil:

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #20544 by IronyMan
You got me there. I'm out of practice with the vanilla loadouts, and I hardly ever fly the bigger ships. If I can get multiplayer working though, you're on. Even the vanilla petrel is mad fast with power in engines, and the tiny guns are effective even against capital ships with enough power at close range.

Man, the tug is so slow though... I like it, it's a neat looking ship, but it is so slow.

What's the blast radius on the Deathblow?

Devastator doesn't have rear shields. B)

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #20545 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Petrel vs Corvette
2.5km blast radius. No missile warning, either - you won't know it's coming until you hear the engine, and by then it's in the blast radius. :evil:

It doesn't need rear shields. I can prevent anything from getting to the rear with some choice maneuvers. Even people. :P

--IronDuke

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #20546 by IronyMan
Aw, man...

I gotta start using them. :whistle:

Won't have any Deathblows in MP. :P