act 2 - MCA convoy

More
22 years 1 month ago #17311 by -vipe-
act 2 - MCA convoy was created by -vipe-
Can somebody give me some tips 'cause I just cannot beat this mission.

I can easily kill the marauders cuarding the l-point. But on the way to the MCA base, at least the 3rd wawe of marauders kills one of the freighters everytime.

I've tried different setups. WIth and without the t-fighters. I've been playing this mission for the past 5 hours and this is getting a bit boring!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 1 month ago #988 by StormHammer01
Replied by StormHammer01 on topic act 2 - MCA convoy
did you tell your wingmen to defend the freighters? also, did you use missiles liberally? stay close to the convoy and use the target my target's attacker key (if there is one...i forget...lol) and waste whoever is attacking that particular freighter. or, you could always open up your default.ini in the configs folder and add the cheat bindings (ctrl-alt-x to destroy current target, comes in handy sometimes). good luck. and when you beat the mission, you'll be happy about your reward ;)

Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Windows has caused a fatal error in modules 0000-FFFF. please consult a mortician.

More
22 years 1 month ago #989 by -vipe-
Replied by -vipe- on topic act 2 - MCA convoy
I've heard about the reward. One reason I'm looking forward to beating this mission so much :D

I've tried to do what you just suggested (in the past that is), unsuccessfully though. Thanks for the cheat tip, never heard of that and that's exactly what I gotta do now. 5 hours in a single mission is enough me thinks :D

Thanx!

P.S. it's "protect my target" or "attack my target"

More
22 years 1 month ago #990 by StormHammer01
Replied by StormHammer01 on topic act 2 - MCA convoy
i was probably thinking in freespace 2 terms.....there actually is a "target the target's attacker" function in that game :D

Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Windows has caused a fatal error in modules 0000-FFFF. please consult a mortician.

More
22 years 1 month ago #991 by -vipe-
hehe ok. Would come in handy in this mission too ;)

could you care to tell me the exact lines to put into the default.ini or to point me to some URL that has those.

More
22 years 1 month ago #993 by -vipe-
never mind, I found it