EpicOnline: .ini files corrupted - MP crashes

More
20 years 4 months ago #17862 by Tarcoon
[?]
I installed Epic Online and tried to start a MP, but the game crashed and my desktop appeared:(!
I tried to join a game via internet and there was only my hosted game shown at the ingame browser. After entering this game the system-startup of my vessel starts running and finishes with something like ".ini files corrupted"[:0] and "weapons disabled" and "Goodbye":(! - and the main screen of the game appeared.

I deinstalled the game, checked registry and maindirectory, reinstalled and patched the game, installed EpicOnlF and tried again - with the same results as before[:(]
At least after reinstallation there are only original .ini's available. Everything should work fine, but it doesn't.
Please - I need some help...[8)]

There is no safe distance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8111 by MajorTom
The message you're getting is a special function to keep the game from getting screwed up if something is wrong with a players O/S or if a conflicting mod is operating, or Epic Online is not installed correctly.

The problem is probably because you have the German version of WinXP: You'll need to change your settings temporarily before you start an MP game, as described here:

mjrtom.bei.t-online.de/html/prob ... an_xp.html

That should solve your problem. If it doesn't:

make sure no other mods are in your mods folder except:

CargoHandler_multimod
MPCargo
multimod
ZzUniGUI

(there are a lot of other mods that are also compatible but for a start just use those listed above)

If that doesn't help, send me an Email with a copy of your flux.log that was created right after you got the message about "corrupted ini files".

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 4 months ago #8122 by Tarcoon
Thanx a lot, fixed the problem after reading a readme folder in EpicOnlF (euroXP-MP stuff). Thank you for the link.
I'm able to host and probably to join a game. We'll find out on 23rd.
Greets

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 4 months ago #8125 by MajorTom
Good! If you can host now, you can join other games too.

Here's a link to the Epic Online Multiplayer Trade Games, Online FAQ

You don't have to download it, you can open it online.
Let me know if you can think of any question that aren't there.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
19 years 7 months ago #11591 by wigg7es
I'm getting the same MP crash only I've got an Australian version of Win XP (decimal = '.' thousands separator = ",")

Here's the flux.log:

Operating system: Windows 2000Service Pack 1version 5.1

FLUX: [unknown] Approximate CPU frequency: 968MHz
LOADER: [unknown] Entering WinMain
FLUX: [unknown] Trying to create application of class "iwar2.icServerApp"
FLUX: [unknown] Application created successfully
FLUX: [unknown] Initialising Server "Beta03"
FLUX: [unknown] ServerSessionIndexFromName() Connecting to address "" session "Beta03"

More
19 years 7 months ago #11593 by MajorTom
The most common reason for a crash to desktop is: you haven't selected a ship. Try reading the hints here:

mjrtom.bei.t-online.de/html/join ... sting.html

Some versions of Win2K (not XP) have a problem with the DOS batch file used to install the mod which results in a situation that you can't select a ship properly (win2k doesn't rename/move the files correctly).
You can use this word document (with screenshots of the folders contents) as a guideline to check if the paths, folders and filenames are correct:
mjrtom.bei.t-online.de/bilder/MpFilesHelp.zip

If the above doesn't help it could be a firewall issue. There is a link to some firewall configuration guidelines on the "joining and hosting" page too.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site