Gunstar 2(Epic). patcom texture needed

More
18 years 10 months ago #18484 by Vali
Any body got a .jpg version of a patcom texture?
If you do please send it here: alva at zappmobile.ro.

I need it to texture the new gunstar for Epic.
Cambragol, if you want to texture it I have a few things that can help (a texture map that makes tings a hole lot easier to texture).

btw- Thanks Second for the Texporter

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13326 by Second Chance
Glad to help. :)

I have the help file for it if you don't. It explains what all the various options mean.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 9 months ago #13358 by Vali
Sorry for the long absence.

These past few weeks I’ve been busy making templates for the gunstar (and taking a few walks in the park).

As you can see I’ve got the hang of it. You can do anything if you don’t give-up.;)
<font color="navy"> community.webshots.com/photo/404270636/404270636FcGKre </font id="navy">

Anyway I’ll be away for a few days (5 to be exact).

btw-Great tutorial SecondChance!

More
18 years 9 months ago #13499 by cambragol
Looking very nice Vali. And I agree with you, you can do anything if you don't give up. 99% of what I have done in EoC has been the result of taking that attitude

More
18 years 9 months ago #13501 by Second Chance
Glad you liked the tutorial, Vali. I'm glad to see you're getting the hang of it.

btw - just in case you don't know, the way that chilliskinner arranges the polygons after flattening isn't set in stone. You can move and rotate them to any position that suits you before mapping them, and quite often you should. Oftentimes chilliskinner arranges polys with too much space between them. You can manually close the gap even tighter than the basic setting for a more efficient map. It also frequently rotates polys (especially round ones) to weird angles that would be difficult to paint at. You can rotate these back into a perpendicular angle for easier painting. The morph target will make sure that no matter what you do, the polys will all go back together correctly again.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 9 months ago #13525 by Vali
If I apply the UV map from the original clone. If I use the map from another pod, even an identical one, or if you map multiple identical items it gets distorted like so:
community.webshots.com/photo/282717617/419864338BRVXYd
Abstract art made easy, no[?]
But if you map each pod type (the different shape ones) and save and load the UV’s it works, eventually.

Well this task finally done I can now work on my ship. After this training, I’m ready for anything.
Say the word and they will be on their way.

Btw- I still need that texture.