I war-2 revamp unity 3d

More
9 years 1 week ago #19514 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic I war-2 revamp unity 3d
After I turned off my computer for the night, I remembered the "Fun with PSO" topic. When I read through that, I didn't know what a PSO was, and didn't catch what was going on. However, I did see some screenshots of ship models in other programs, giving me the idea it was possible. Also, since I can open I-War models in Blender, I can make accurate paper models of ships, since I can use the vertex coordinates. A while back I made a program that calculates the distance between two three-dimensional points, so that should make things easier. I expect I will need Paint Shop Pro to texture the ship.

In reply to Richard Skinner: I will actually be dealing with a similar problem with distances on my 2-D version of I-War. What I plan to do is have several regions around stations, planets, and L-points. Each of these has its own world coordinates. Coordinates for ships within the region are translated to local coordinates, for easier measurement of location, distance, etc. between objects. This is mostly to simplify the numbers associated with travelling large distances.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #19515 by Chessking
The link to pointless.net hasn't been working for me. Can one of you test it, in case the website is down?

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 1 week ago #19516 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic I war-2 revamp unity 3d
Yep, it's down. I believe Jasper manages it, I saw him posting on the forums here a while back.

Space. The final frontier.

More
9 years 1 week ago #19517 by Chessking
IronDuke probably has it. Maybe it could be uploaded to the downloads section here since it has such modding potential.

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 1 week ago #19519 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic I war-2 revamp unity 3d
One of the files is still up on the Internet Archive:

web.archive.org/web/20080529005744/http://pointless.net/eoc/

Space. The final frontier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chessking

More
9 years 1 week ago #19520 by Chessking
That's it! Thank you!

Storm Petrel