Ship specific Cockpits

More
19 years 9 months ago #11101 by Second Chance
Ah. Well you mentioned:

. . .and the Heavy corvette get a cockpit that resembles the old style one from Iw1. Not sure how the pog scripting would work mind.

And MajorTom said:

It is possible and even rather easy to do! Without pog!

So I just assumed you wanted something more complicated.

What is the "two cockpits with Cal" problem, btw?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11104 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
It is possiable and easy to do....if you have lightwave or any other form of 3D tools that you can use on your PC, or a copy of IW1 as refernce.

Also, one would need pog to get rid of the 'defult' cockpit. that is already there.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 9 months ago #11106 by Second Chance
I don't understand what you're saying. Pog has nothing to do with this thread. You don't need to do any pogging to have custom cockpit models.

Also, you would only need LW if you were going to create your own cockpit model, which is not what MajorTom is talking about. He's showing you how to give each ship its own custom cockpit using INIs. Where you get the new cockpit models from is up to you.

To make the dummy (empty) cockpit setup.lws just delete the cockpit object and null entries in the current file with notepad. Then add your new cockpit setup.lws into a turret INI and add that as a subsim to the ship at the crew null location. See, no Pog. :)

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 9 months ago #11113 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Ship specific Cockpits

Originally posted by Second Chance

Where you get the new cockpit models from is up to you.

Thats the problem! There are no cockpit models.
(I've searched the web for cockpits in lw 5.6 format hoping to find something that would be adaptable.)

With exception of SimonDR's Starfury cockpit, no one in the community has made one. Probably because the original EOC setup only allowed one cockpit for all player ships.

I'm hoping, now that its easily possible to mount them ship specifically without pog more people will be interested in making some new designs.

btw: meanwhile, the preformance hit issue for the MP game has been resolved too, so you will see ship specific cockpits in future MP mods.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #11115 by Second Chance
Yes, this is so awsome. It's something I've wanted for EoC for a long time. I'm sure that since cockpit swapping is now so easy to do, lots of new models will show up. Not the least of which will be the SW ones.