Where are the servers?

More
22 years 1 month ago #1216 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Where are the servers?
I think the missing thread to that last comment (before I offend any Trekkers) was that there are lots of Trekkers, but the overlap in terms of interest in I-War2 seems surprisingly little. In my limited experience, not as many Trek game players are interested in IW2:EOC (which surprised me), and the few I know who are serious fans of EOC aren't that much into Trek (which is less surprising to me, as I'm one of them). That's all I meant.

I'm trying to evoke more interest in internet game sessions in those of us in N.A. who have the machine/connection capacity. I know there are lots of us who bought the game, so the interest must be there....
Is it because the single player game is sufficient? Is it because the high point for interest in this game has already passed, and there's just a few of us die-hards left? Is it just a question of coordinating and scheduling?

Not sure, but I'm game.....

--
Hot4Darmat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3708 by BooZeR
Replied by BooZeR on topic Where are the servers?
Try the gamespy servers.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3710 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Where are the servers?

Originally posted by BooZeR

Try the gamespy servers.

There are no Gamespy servers.

But I'll be online tonight as usual. The server "Chaos2" is on the European mainland.

We've had regulars before from New York and Chicago who were on cable and had a ping of less than 200 ms. Playing was quite enjoyable.

I think one of the major problems with EOC Multiplayer popularity is the general lack of broadband access in the US. EOC needs more than 56k if you want to host a server with 2 or 3 players

EOC/IWar2 Multiplayer Fansite

More
21 years 5 months ago #3790 by mad_alien
Replied by mad_alien on topic Where are the servers?
Personally I think the demo that was released for this game scared of a lot of people pus the lost feeling you get in the beginning, trying to figure out where the hell your supposed to be going. I picked this game up about 2 months ago through a trade, I played the demo right when it came out, I was so looking forward to this game, got my ass kicked repeatedly and decided not to buy it, I'm sure glad I ended up with it though