title : i-war gaiden
filename : i-war_gaiden.zip
author : twohours
e-mail : sorry, not at this time. if you wanna contact me try the i-war
message board and include the filename or my name in the topic.
description : three custom missions for particle systems ltd. i-war/independence war
-- play information --
game : i-war/independence war
mission name : i-war gaiden including
part_one - betrayal and thievery
part_two - old friends apart
part_three - what's mine
construction time : around five weeks
additional files required : i-war/independence war deslabber kit
platform used : p200mmx, 32mb ram, win95, s3virge
known bugs : well, the missions are quite complex and were my first ones
so bugs though i tried to get them out are still possible to
occur. if something strange happens (besides the story
of course) just restart the mission and try it again.
it may well be that the bug occured just because of an
unusual setting and won't happend again (hopefully).
-- notes --
well, these are my first i-war custom missions and it took me quite some time
to finally finish them. mainly because i had to figure out how this whole thing works.
and i almost hadn't made the deadline for the competition for which i made this missions (among
other reasons). maybe i'll update this file after a winner is determined.
finally i want to excuse myself for the possible bad english in some cases and i hope that this
doesn't spoils the whole experience ;) but it's not my native language.
thanks to the guys at the message board (brett, dreadnaught, mr. r, etc.)
ps: thanks to dmitri karpatchev for his oh so helpful online dictionary. ;)
- twohours <ta:ke:s_/a_-bo-w_>
-- installation --
this zip file consists of:
1. readme.txt - this readme file
2. three folders:
part_one, part_two, part_three - just for clearness reasons
which contain the following files:
3. part_one/two/three.scr - the actual script file
4. part_b01/02/03.scr - the briefing script
5. part_one/two/three.txt - the debriefing file
6. b10.txt, b20.txt, ... - briefing files
7. t00.txt, t10.txt, ... - the text files
8. p01_objv.txt/p02_objv.txt/p03_objv.txt - the objectives file
following files are just in the part_three folder:
9. five p03xxxx.shp files - ship files needed in part_three
10. IndyCorvAsm_03.lwo - a copy of the IndyCorvAsm_01.lwo file
needed for additional textures
where to put these files:
1. leave it where it is
2. you just need the files not the folders
3. "...psgresourcescriptsmissions" - all of them into the same folder
4. "...psgresourcescriptsmissions" - these too
5. "...psgresourcetextdebrief" - yet again
6. "...psgresourcetextpart_one" - create these by yourself
7. - into the same as above
8. "...psgresourcetextobjectives" - all into this folder
9. "...psgresourcescriptsships" - all five into this folder
10. "...psgresourceshapes" - into this folder
to run this or any other custom created missions you will need the "mission devkit alpha"
which contains the above mentioned deslabber. you can find it at www.independencewar.com in
the downloads section. the kit also contains all needed informations to deslab the needed files.
the shortcut to the game should look like:
"drive:i-war directoryiwar.exe (or game.exe for 3dfx) -noslab drive:i-war directorypsg
change ".../part_one.scr" into ".../part_two.scr" or ".../part_three.scr" if you want to run this
also don't forget to insert cd2 into your cd-rom drive because there are video sequences on it
which are required for the missions.
that's all. thank you for playing.
- twohours <ta:ke:s_/a_-bo-w_>
-- legal --
THIS MISSION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY
INFOGRAMES ENTERTAINMENT OR PARTICLE SYSTEMS LTD.
ELEMENTS TM & (C) INFOGRAMES ENTERTAINMENT AND PARTICLE SYSTEMS LTD