B-Wing - finally textured and in-game!

More
19 years 11 months ago #18071 by Second Chance
*edit*
Scroll down quite a bit to see the finished product.

I scrapped the first version and started over, again. Here's the current version as it is at this point. The real problems are where the engine block mates with the upper and lower booms. I thought there would be solid mass there, but it's actually hollow on the top part and really skinny on the bottom. Obviously there are still many parts missing.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9931 by MajorTom
I think we need some poetry here too!
Unfortunatly I'm not into that, so here's some clunky prose:

24 people have looked at this thread and every single one probably thought:
Jeez, Second Chance always does such a great job on those models!

But no one said it. [:(]

Great work SC! Applause! :)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 11 months ago #9936 by Second Chance
[:I] Wow! I don't know what to say. Thanks. [:I] Praise from the community means everything to me. It inspires me to try harder, and make better models.

That was really nice of you to even notice that, much less point it out. I thought the same thing, and felt bad (oooh, drama).

As a reward for your kind words I couldn't help but post these. :D It's almost finished. I hope you all like it. I just have some minor details to resolve and a few tweaks to make. I should get to texturing it next week.

Damn, this ship has a lot of guns. [}:)]

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 11 months ago #9959 by Hot4Darmat
Hey SC,

I'm one of the 24 who looked but didn't post. No excuses for the silence, but I was incredibly impressed...as always. You deserved better than that, so I tip my hat to you now...a tad late. You make gorgeous models. I can't wait to see this thing finished. I have always been partial to the weirdness of the B-wing. I still have a snap-together plastic model of one somewhere in a box of old models(along with my 3 fragmented space:1999 eagle models in pieces in the same box, a 1999 hawk, a Slave 1 and an AT-AT ...all in pieces awaiting that day when I have loads of time to repair/rebuild). Your model of the majestic B brings back fond memories, and a keen desire to pilot this baby again to see if I can still take out a Star Destroyer like I once could.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 11 months ago #9961 by GrandpaTrout
Me too! Your models are great. And you have brought a ton of energy and enthusiasm. I am really glad you joined up! (the SW mod has been fun to watch develop, player driven turrets, disruptors, SD trench runs, cool models. I can hardly wait to see what you guys do next.)

-Gtrout

More
19 years 11 months ago #9967 by Second Chance
:D Thanks guys! Seriously though, it's true. I thrive on the attention. Feedback from the community is what drives my model making. Everytime I read feedback on my models (good or bad), it makes me jump back onto the project and try to do even better. I can't believe how fast I've cranked these models out (some were modeled in one night and textured the next), and it's been the positive feedback that drives me on to the next model. So the relative speed with which these models have been turned out is entirely due to you guys! Left to my own devices, I would take a year to make a box :D.

You could say that everyone here has contributed to these models. And that's just the beginning! I'm already starting to get excited about making some Battlestar Galactica models, and someone in the Atari forum requested a ship from Farscape (it looked pretty easy ;)).

I finally got around to making a small web page to promote myself, and I've gathered all the pics of the current models there. So if you want to be able to browse through all the models in one place, here it is: members.cox.net/second_chance/

You'll find two new pics of the finalized B-Wing mesh there. All the tweaks and details have been finished, and the engines made a more appropriate size (my blueprint shows them way to small). I've already finished transfering the model over to Lightwave and will start texturing tomorrow [^].

So go, have a browse, and let me know what you think. If you're interested in closely following the model developements, bookmark it and come back occasionally. I'll constantly be posting new pics as the models progress (SW or otherwise).

And again, thanks for the feedback. I really, really appreciate it! :D

btw - Next up: the Tie Bomber!