Outlaw Star (in regards to an old post)

More
17 years 10 months ago #15279 by Vali

Originally posted by gwzero

I think that making the drill into a missle pod would be a little much. Not to mention the insane amount of animations that would be on the overall ship if you did that.

[:(]And I was thinking of making those grapplerarms work, putting anoder missile pod behind the lower turret, and adding two rotating assault guns at the nose section. [:(][:(][:(]

I keep the ship as a hole until I finish it. After that I can break it up into as many sections as you want. Stay cool, I know watt I’m doing.

The tug has 12 moving sections (4 engines and 2 fins per engine). I don’t think that the amount of moving sections counts but the number of cannels. The missile pods and lds engine are the bare necessity. To save polys I vas thinking of making those forward guns into rotating assault guns. Trust me this is a piece of cake, compared with the original design. I’d like to see some of your ideas for the turrets.

REMENBER that if Leonardo Da Vinci saw this prototype built (even if it was his own idea) he would say �Bah! That’s rubbish! I would have done it better!�

When a boss says “Go!� the leader says “Let’s move out!�

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #15282 by gwzero
Sorry I'm just stressing a bit about how difficult it will be to get the mountpoints to work just right. I'm still having problems with awkwardly placed missiles and turrets on my revamped MegaFreightermod. as for the grapler arms, to get them to work as weapons would take a lot of work. And to make them into just mountpoints would only disrupt the overall appearence of the ship while in flight.

<hr noshade size="1">Smith - "12 docking turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 2 turret fighters, all mounted on a megafreighter."

Cal - "Ya think that'll be enough? I mean we're just going to the store."

Smith - "You know you're right, I'd better mount on some antimatter streams."

<hr noshade size="1">Smith - "12 docking turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 2 turret fighters, all mounted on a megafreighter."

More
17 years 10 months ago #15327 by Vali
Forgot to post here! He! He!...

Anyway the ship model is done. It’s in your e-mail box. Contact me for any repairs that need to be done.
Godspeed to you!

More
17 years 9 months ago #15329 by gwzero
can you resend it, i dont think it made it through in one piece cuz it says that it's unable to find it.

More
17 years 9 months ago #15330 by gwzero
That looks great!!!!!!! (even with the mistakes that were created when I converted it to lightwave) kudos to you man!

Umm, does anyone know where I have to go from here? I know it needs a skin and it need to be animated, but where can I learn how to do all that?

More
17 years 9 months ago #15331 by Vali
Well I have a friend, Windy, who can give us some material for the texture. One item more interesting is a phoenix. Tell me if you’re interested!