Web site going down

More
19 years 2 months ago #18364 by MajorTom
Web site going down was created by MajorTom
I have moved and therefore cannot continue to use the provider who has my web site stored.

The site could go down any time/day now, as the contract has already been terminated. The links and images in most of my posts will also draw a blank. Sorry, for the inconvienence, but it couldn't be avoided.

The site contents are saved on my HD and backed up on CD. As soon as I can find some new web space, I'll put it up again.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12395 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Web site going down
Cox Communications is a reasonably good cable internet provider in our area, MajorTom. And they offer 7 email addresses, each with 10 megs of included web space.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 2 months ago #12400 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Web site going down
Thanks for the info SC.
I've heard, some providers don't allow you to link to stored images. Is that the case with Cox?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 2 months ago #12402 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Web site going down
Absolutely not. Go ahead and link away. In fact, the SpaceMaster graphic in my sig is a linked image. And it gets used a lot, lol. In fact again, I've never heard of an American ISP that doesn't allow this. Not that I've had that many or anything. But any premium level service provider (read: major name, not cheap-ass $5/month) generally give you all kinds of wonderful perks to use on the web.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4