FAQ for mod

More
19 years 11 months ago #18083 by MajorTom
FAQ for mod was created by MajorTom
This thread is to document all questions that come to mind when operating the mod!
Hopefully your questions will give us a "ready made" Faq to release with the mod so post anything that comes to mind.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10018 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic FAQ for mod
Here's the first question:

Q: When I Host a game (play on my own server), it takes several seconds before I can move the cursor to select my team.
A: Thats the time the server needs to create and set up the bots.
the more bots you set the longer it takes. (up to 20 secs. is normal)

Q: What is "Bot Replacement"?
A: That means a bot will be removed each time a real player joins the game. Removal is team specific depending on the team the player joins.

Q: I set the game for 8 bots but there are only 4 on each team?
A: Right! The number you set is the total number of bots created, and they are split up evenly between the 2 teams. (always use an even number)
The only exception to this is the Botmatch game: there the no. you set is the maximum number of bot opponents per real player.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10436 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic FAQ for mod
Q: How do you change the ship types that are used by bots?
A: You need to change the name of the bots ships ini file in the corresponding package for the game you are playing. The package files are in StarWarsA1/multiplayer/packages.
After you have changed the file name, you need to run the batch file to activate the mod. If it is already activated select "update" so the files in the EOC directories will be updated to reflect your change.
Note: this option is only avaliable to server hosts.