What you like about the game...

More
21 years 1 month ago #17729 by Doran
I've played quite a few games, from Mechwarrior to Tetris, and very few have posessed me to come back after beating it and play through again.

IW2 has IMMENSE amounts of single player replayability. I'd forgotten how much fun pirating was until I got back in the tug and started laying down the law.

Physics is another aspect I love about the game... While we shouldn't be able to hear anything outside the ship, the rest is actually fairly accurate. Such as acceleration, deceleration, inertia and whatnot.

Lastly, I think the sheer vastness of the game is quite appealing, there's nothing quite like looking at the distance to target reading and noticing that you have 2 billion kilometers of space between you and where you want to be. I've tried getting some high speed with thrust override and that was fun too (moving at 40 km/s is very satisfying when you know you ain't using LDS).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5623 by Shane
It is a good game. I think it last as long as it does because of the moddibility of the game, and due to the fact it is a fair representation of space combat (and, of course, is well put together). It's not totally realistic, but more so than anything else I've seen (besides Orbiter or Celestia).

As Flamineo would say... a personal rant: Game designers today seem to be hung up on simplicity. "The game has to be easy to learn and not too complex." I, in my arrogance ;), think this is the wrong direction. If we wanted easy and simple, just remake Asteriods or Space Invaders with new graphics... oh wait... that's been done.

Why do we like the PC games so much more than the old arcade games? They're more complex... the player has more options. They more effectively simulate an environment for the player to move about in.

<rant over>

Hopefully, designers will realize what most space-sim fans want is realistic environments... mass and momentum... g-forces and seat-of-the-pants caculations and strategy. We don't just want to play a game... we want to be there.

<ok... rant really over this time>:D

EoC is great. Watch for Epic later this Summer!

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 1 month ago #5624 by Doran
Epic? Another space sim ? Any good?

More
21 years 1 month ago #5628 by Shane
Epic is a mod which is large enough to qualify as a 'free expansion pack' for EoC. Members of this forum are constructing it (and have been since last October). Here's a link: i-war2.com/epic/default.asp

We're hoping for an early summer release of Phase I: The Dogs of War -- the mercenary campaign.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 1 month ago #5636 by Hot4Darmat
Trust me, Epic: Dogs of War will put the EDGE back into Edge of Chaos. It's going to make you fall in love with this game all over again.

Stay tuned for more announcements right here.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
21 years 1 month ago #5642 by Jwk
Replied by Jwk on topic What you like about the game...
THATS the sound i like to hear

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310