Possible to improve the combat AI?

More
20 years 4 months ago #8128 by Mav
There must be something wrong with my installation? I tried the Wolverine and some of the other fighters, and one bolt sends them spinning out of control.

It doesn't happen with the destroyer though, so I got revenge on those little bastards!! :D

Can you host a game? Maybe it won't happen if I join another game, and if it does then you can see what I'm talking about.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8129 by MajorTom
I doubt you could join me here, you're in California aren't you?

Have you made any changes to your flux.ini perhaps for the Epic code release 3b or later?

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 4 months ago #8130 by Mav
The only thing I changed was the critical damage scale stuff. But I have a seperate flux for that, and the flux I am using has the normal settings.

I am in california, but I got high speed cable. I've played people on the other side of the planet with decent ping with Desert Combat, and that's with bf1942 netcode. [xx(] The latency should be good for multi.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8132 by MajorTom
log into the Gamespy Iwar-2 chat room if you can. We can chat there and see whats wrong.

I can't host a what_rocks game immediatly because I have Epic installed at the moment and am in the middle of some scripting work.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 4 months ago #8148 by MajorTom
Mav, After reflecting on the game we had last night, I'm not quite sure where the problem is. Perhaps you didn't de-installing what_rocks before you installed Epic?
I think you mentioned, that you didn't see/ couldn't select all the ships in the multiplayer options screen?

The ships in MP do react to hits more than in SP, but you shouldn't be bouncing around like you were.

btw. The bots in the Epic Online Team assault game/script are dumbed down considerably compared to the ones in the Academy elite game in what_rocks v2.

Have Gun, Will Travel