too much cargo?

More
19 years 10 months ago #18180 by Kenf
too much cargo? was created by Kenf
Is it possible to have too much cargo? what I mean is of one type as I have experienced in past space games and other games (elite II and first encounters as well as some others) where you can have too much of one type of cargo?.

Currently I get about 500 pods a session and I'm drifting around the 9500 mark (I got about 7000 before completing the game), and I have all types of cargo and at least a hundred of each type.

Essentially what I want to know is if I get too much will the game not be able to handle sat 2000 pods of sewage and crash?

On a side but related note can you have too many credits in the future trader mod? (I found a nice little earner which nets me costs me 600 creds but gives 8000 creds per sale)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #11033 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic too much cargo?
*jaw drops at the size of the cargo*

You play this game too much :P

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 9 months ago #11083 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic too much cargo?
It's unlikely you'll ever get too much cargo for the game to handle. You'll probably run out of memory or some such thing first. But please do let us know if it happens. This would be critical new information for modders.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #11095 by Kenf
Replied by Kenf on topic too much cargo?

Originally posted by Second Chance

It's unlikely you'll ever get too much cargo for the game to handle. You'll probably run out of memory or some such thing first. But please do let us know if it happens. This would be critical new information for modders.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

Hmm I'll see what I can do though I've not touched I war 2 for a bit been busy on other RL things , still its the weekend I ought to be able to get a few thousand more after a few hours.

Btw

members.cox.net/second_chance/new_sd_comp2.jpg

this picture of yours could be enhanced by adding a 3d model of a normal human object say a 747 or a Nimitz class carrier which everybody has a good under standing of the size of.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11097 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic too much cargo?
Hmm. Yes, I suppose you're right. I think I was thinking that I didn't want to clutter it with non-EoC ships. I'll try it out and see what it looks like. Thanks for the thought. :)