Favorite Weapon?

More
18 years 9 months ago #13262 by Vali
Replied by Vali on topic Favorite Weapon?
Hi,

4 Gatling guns will tear the hull plates of anything smaller than or as big as a corvette.
(rapid fire and good range);)
But against big ships a cutting beam or 2 well placed Deathblow[xx(] Remote Missiles can do some damage.

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13266 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Favorite Weapon?
I'll have to agree with you there. Gatling guns for smaller ships and cutting beams for the larger ones.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13339 by Blackthorne
Replied by Blackthorne on topic Favorite Weapon?
For the heavy ships, Gatling is my favourite. I haven't quite gotten the hang of cutting beams.

However, I should note that the Storm Petrel is my favourite ship. I simply hate the tug, so I hexed the savegame to get the Storm Petrel back. [story-wise, think that Cal went to Hoffer's Wake with the pod] So, since I'm still early in Act 1, I only have two Quad-PBC and one Rapid fire PBC.

So, as we're about it: since the Storm Petrel only has 2 light pylons and 1 medium pylon, which are the best weapons that can be installed on this nifty little fighter?

You don't tell your pilots to be careful. You tell them Good Hunting!

You don't tell your pilots to be careful. You tell them Good Hunting!

More
18 years 9 months ago #13348 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic Favorite Weapon?
Nothing beats the ASSAULT GUN... no need for ammo daddy-o...

good to be back.

Its not about you dying for your country... its about making your enemies die for theirs.

~C.C. Rocks~

More
18 years 8 months ago #13611 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic Favorite Weapon?
I agree, the assault cannon is a strong weapon without worry of firing to much. however somehow you can't put more than one on a ship what spoils it's potential. I love to put 6(yeah 6!!!) mining or cutting beams on the heavy corvette just to see a capital ship blown up in 5 seconds, before it can say anything in response at all.
Don't worry I'm not insane

More
18 years 8 months ago #13616 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Favorite Weapon?
Actually the best loadout I'd found was four or more rapid-fire pbc's. More range and damage than multiple quad-lights.

Just keep the weapon link on chain-fire mode.