Flares

More
18 years 11 months ago #18453 by Schmee
Flares was created by Schmee
How on earth do you fire your countermeasure flares?
I'm have just broken out of prison and got the crew, but i keep getting taken out by missles and i cant figure out how to fire the flares!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13079 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Flares
Flares fire automaticaly. You can also load them into a missle launcher, which will let you fire them manualy. Also, theres a mod out there for manual countermeasures.

However, the basic flares suck. Your best bet is to divert power to engines and thrust at right angles to the missile, if you can find it. Otherwise, make a sharp course change and hit the engines.

Later on, you will get better countemeasures, as well as a point defense turret. Neither completely eliminates the threat of missiles. When you get some stealth gear, be aware that your emission level makes a difference, the quieter you can run the more effective your flares are. But to begin with, theres no much you can do about that.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13094 by Stephen Robertson PS
Replied by Stephen Robertson PS on topic Flares
You can fire flares manually if you download my manual countermeasures mod. You can get it from this excellent website.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13105 by krisvek
Replied by krisvek on topic Flares
is there a trick to firing them from your missile launcher? because i've tried and it didn't appear to work...
not that it matters too much, i'll likely be using the mod anyhow :)